Fish tank with velvet. Help have plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That does suck, I'm sorry to hear that

Is this the same as em erythelromycin? I will try to get it tonight. However the tank now has two different kind of meds. Do I need to do another water change or I can apply this too? At this point should I reapply the ick attack too? IMG_5064.jpg

That api fin cure is also an antibiotic. I don't think it's a strong as the e.m. erythromycin imo. Do a 3 day treatment of the ich med and general cure, then a 50% water change on the 4th day, then start the antibiotics

That api fin cure is also an antibiotic. I don't think it's a strong as the e.m. erythromycin imo. Do a 3 day treatment of the ich med and general cure, then a 50% water change on the 4th day, then start the antibiotics

In that case I will order the em eythomycin on chewy and get it in 2 days. (Amazon doesn’t have it) Thank so much. Really appreciate it. I hope I am able to save some of these little guys.

Sorry to just get into this, if you have 40 plecos of that size and you just introduced them? Your water parameters cant be good. How big on average are the pleco?

Sorry to just get into this, if you have 40 plecos of that size and you just introduced them? Your water parameters cant be good. How big on average are the pleco?

I didn’t introduce them. They been in the tank for over 6 months. They were born in the tank. Water is good. I only introduced a new plant..... I left it in a bucket for a week and then put in in the tank 1.5 weeks ago. I think that might be the issue...

I didn’t introduce them. They been in the tank for over 6 months. They were born in the tank. Water is good. I only introduced a new plant..... I left it in a bucket for a week and then put in in the tank 1.5 weeks ago. I think that might be the issue...

Some of the plecos are full size 4-5 inches and other are 3-4 while others are 2-3. It was multiple births.

That's a massive bio load. Your tank will never be truly healthy with all those pleco. Aside from what you feed them, they eat non stop, poop non stop. You'll want to remove all but 3 or 4.

That's a massive bio load. Your tank will never be truly healthy with all those pleco. Aside from what you feed them, they eat non stop, poop non stop. You'll want to remove all but 3 or 4.

It is. I got a 400 gallon filter for a 150 tank. Everything it’s at 0. I got the fx6 fluval. I do weekly water change. Ph 7.4. I got wood and live plants in there. Everything was okay. Starting to think it is cotton mouth look at my rainbow body. IMG_5068.jpg starting to get white puffy stuff on it..... View attachment 1

IMG_5076.jpgIMG_5075.jpg

Another dead one. Could this be the meds?? Or what does this look like. Look at fins they r red. He also got a red mark on his belly

The api nitrate test kit needs a very vigorous shaking prior to test. It settles. I'd be doing large water changes. A 60% right now.

The api nitrate test kit needs a very vigorous shaking prior to test. It settles. I'd be doing large water changes. A 60% right now.

I did about 30% this morning before I put general cure. Now I think this might be something more. What u think it is? Internal bleeding? Burning from med or whatever they got? I’ll reran the test. The instructions says to shake for a min once u mix it with the water. I did that. I have lost more fish after meds. I put ich attack yesterday and today general cure. Yesterday it look like ich or velvet. Today it look like something else. N now it looks like a baterial? Internal bleeding. However not sure if it due to meds.... I am going crAzy. Everytime I Loss another one I am getting more heartbroken.

I did about 30% this morning before I put general cure. Now I think this might be something more. What u think it is? Internal bleeding? Burning from med or whatever they got? I’ll reran the test. The instructions says to shake for a min once u mix it with the water. I did that. I have lost more fish after meds. I put ich attack yesterday and today general cure. Yesterday it look like ich or velvet. Today it look like something else. N now it looks like a baterial? Internal bleeding. However not sure if it due to meds.... I am going crAzy. Everytime I Loss another one I am getting more heartbroken.

If I do another water change. The general cure will go over. But I was even thinking of applying em erythromycin tomorrow morning. Like it’s for internal bleeding. But that would mean I am stopping this treatment of ich attack general cure.....

If I do another water change. The general cure will go over. But I was even thinking of applying em erythromycin tomorrow morning. Like it’s for internal bleeding. But that would mean I am stopping this treatment of ich attack general cure.....

Ur right. I just tested everything again.

Ph 7.4
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40 or 80. Can’t tell. Doing water change again. What else can I do?????

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom