flourite or eco???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imo eco-complete...awesome cap for dirted tanks...

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

I use both in my dirted tanks, depends on do you want to rinse the florite or just put the eco complete in. I used florite on top of the dirt because it had a higher iron content, then I capped that with black ecco complete. I think as long as your using dirt it just depends on what you like.

I have Flourite Black Sand and I absolutely love it. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't love it... except when you just got it and you have to rinse it... and have to keep rinsing it again because it is cloudy as hell... and it's still not rinsed enough and you have to do it again and it's so frustrating... then eventually it all gets clear and you will be absolutely happy with it, it really is a great substrat.

As far as results go, they're basically identical. EC is simpler from a logistical standpoint, but that being said, I've always found that people tend to complain excessively about the rinsing required for Fluorite relative to the amount of effort it actually take. 60 lbs took me less than an hour to rinse to my satisfaction.

I'd recommend any of them, with some clay mixed in and an inch cap of sand/gravel

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could use both. I have a combination in my tank and my root-feeder plants love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom