Fluval Spec Invert Only Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Autumnsky said:
Don't you think it might injure delicate new babies???

I've got quotes from people saying it doesn't kill shrimp, snails nor juvies. Just for worms. I'll keep my TDS reading below 400 and I'll hope for the best :)

Autumnsky said:
Good, I don't have the experience just concern for the little ones.

:) I do too. But if my medicine doesn't get them, the planaria army will. So I am dosing That Dog Dewormer stuff.

Congrats! I'm soo happy you finally have some lil ones. Yeah if you sit and stare at the tank for hours you'll find more I bet. 3 seems like the magic number for me though all I can reliably find at any given time lol.

Sake said:
Congrats! I'm soo happy you finally have some lil ones. Yeah if you sit and stare at the tank for hours you'll find more I bet. 3 seems like the magic number for me though all I can reliably find at any given time lol.

Time I have. I'm on recovery lol.

Well. I hope they're ok. I'm sure some didn't make it. But I'm hoping for about 10-12 babies to make it to adult hood. I'll start selling/trading my near PFR RCS :)

I will say I'm sad more people havent gotten a look at those pics. They're pretty RCS. Lol.

Haven't been on here for awhile but good progression with the tank  they really are some nice RCS
I've been thinking of selling my hermit crabs and turning the 10 gallon into a RCS tank! I just gotta see how much I can get for them at my lfs and find a nice and cheap place to get the RCS

Not much to update here.

My babes are growing well. Half of them are a few millimeters, and they're already turning red. So that's a good sign.

I did today dose an appropriate amount of dog dewormer. Coursair directed me as this: 1/10 of a 1G packet = 10 gallons.

So what I did was take 2/10 of that 1/10 of a G.

It looked like I was lining up cocaine, but I hope it works.

Does anybody know when this stuff kicks in? I see a few planaria on the glass, and they stay off it now since I started picking them off it. So I hope that is a good and desperate last stand from them? I despise them >_<.

I'm also kind of getting nervous at the Copepod number in the tank.

The tank is beautiful. Everything Is doing well except for my Blyxa. I think they're being outcompeted for nutrients and light by the tall plants.

Not much to update here.

My babes are growing well. Half of them are a few millimeters, and they're already turning red. So that's a good sign.

I did today dose an appropriate amount of dog dewormer. Coursair directed me as this: 1/10 of a 1G packet = 10 gallons.

So what I did was take 2/10 of that 1/10 of a G.

It looked like I was lining up cocaine, but I hope it works.

Does anybody know when this stuff kicks in? I see a few planaria on the glass, and they stay off it now since I started picking them off it. So I hope that is a good and desperate last stand from them? I despise them >_<.

I'm also kind of getting nervous at the Copepod number in the tank.

The tank is beautiful. Everything Is doing well except for my Blyxa. I think they're being outcompeted for nutrients and light by the tall plants.
So you dosed 1/50 of a gallon? lol I am not sure when it is supposed to kick in, try reading the bottle. Try feeding less in the tank and maybe both the planaria and copepod population will go down.

Off topic posts have been deleted. Please keep chit chat to a minimum.
Also a friendly reminder that when possible to use the edit post function to add more info or correct spelling in your posts instead of posting multiple times in a row. This function is available on the main site and the app.

Last edited:
maxwellag said:
So you dosed 1/50 of a gallon? lol I am not sure when it is supposed to kick in, try reading the bottle. Try feeding less in the tank and maybe both the planaria and copepod population will go down.

Sorry! In terms of this medicine G means gram. This is powdered white dog dewormer.

:p so to recap I've mixed in 2/100 of a gram I think. Because the bag is originally 1gram. I separated it into 10 equal parts. I selected a decent looking amount and I separated it into 10 equal parts. I selected two.

Hope it kicks in soon. The package wouldn't say anything about planaria

Last edited by a moderator:
MABJ said:
Sorry! In terms of this medicine G means gram. This is powdered white dog dewormer.

:p so to recap I've mixed in 2/100 of a gram I think. Because the bag is originally 1gram. I separated it into 10 equal parts. I selected a decent looking amount and I separated it into 10 equal parts. I selected two.

Hope it kicks in soon. The package wouldn't say anything about planaria
oh. Lol. 2/100=1/50, so we're both right. :)

Coursair said:
See how it looks in 48 hours. If no effect, do a PWC and redose a bit more.

I will! Thanks for everything!

maxwellag said:
oh. Lol. 2/100=1/50, so we're both right. :)

Oi I'm not great at math. Yeah, we are. I hope it works. If it does, then that Safe Start dog dewormer is a great deal. I can even give some to desperate forum members in shipments of plants/shrimp.

Because I've got enough to treat like 300 gallons of water lol.

See how it looks in 48 hours. If no effect, do a PWC and redose a bit more.

Gotta love coursair that dude knows his stuff! So did it come in powdered form or pill or what MABJ?

I'm a little confused on what happened here.... But let's all take a step back and focus back in on what's important here.

Safe Start comes as a powder. It comes in 1g packets. Like 3 packets in a $8.00 box.

I waited a few days people, and I firmly believe all my planaria are GONE. YAY. No shrimp or snails died in the making of this glorious event lol!

My baby shrimp are growing. Some are very red as babes, so that is a really good sign for strong red coloration as adults.

Another order of stuff came in. I think I'm finally prepared. I've got my planting tongs, my scissors , my ferts, my primer and a nice shrimping net.

I'm going to do a bit of scaping today since it is pretty rainy!

Good to hear about the planaria.
Are you culling the less red babies to preserve the color, or do you plan to just let nature take its course with the color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom