foggy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyfriend5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 29gal freshwater tank with only 5molly's and a sucker fish.no live plants.i cleaned tank out about 1.5 weeks ago and it got really murky,2days ago i did another pwc and it cleared up a little bit but its still going on.ive tried the drops and it didnt help atall.should i do another pwc??

It's best to avoid using chemicals or additives that claim they will clear up your water.

When my water is cloudy for whatever reason, I place water polishing pads in my filters and do a water change. Usually clears up within a day.

i have a 29gal freshwater tank with only 5molly's and a sucker fish.no live plants.i cleaned tank out about 1.5 weeks ago and it got really murky,2days ago i did another pwc and it cleared up a little bit but its still going on.ive tried the drops and it didnt help atall.should i do another pwc??

What color is the fogginess? If it's whitish then it's most likely a bacterial bloom. I'd suggest that you do PWC of 50% a couple 3 days in a row and it'll clear up just fine IME.

I find that it's better to clean sections of my tank a couple days or so apart and I avoid this problem all together.

yes its white.im going to do pwc every few days.thanks for yalls help. :)

Back
Top Bottom