Free Floating Green Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmifland

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I had a bit of a disaster that was caused by some over feeding in the aquarium. This problem has been resolved and the parameters are stable and where they need to be but we still have a slight green tint to the aquarium water. I was wondering if there was a way to rid this from the aquarium so that the water can be clear once again. I have been looking into UV Sterilizers but they don't seem to be worth the purchase. A good one runs about $75 and I would only have to use it for about 3-5 days until the water is cleared. If it works in the first place. I used to have a 300 gallon salt water aquarium and we had no problem at all with any sort of algae growth.

I have also been looking at chemicals that can be added to the tank that can kill the algae and usually only cost about $10. I don't want to harm the inhabitants of the tank so I was wondering if anyone had experience getting rid of this sort of problem.

Current Residents:
2 Oscellaris Clowns
Group of Cleaning Snails
Live Rock

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The good thing is that the clowns look to be extremely happy and we don't have any feeding problems. They enjoy swimming in the currents of the power head so I don't have any reason to think that they are being harmed but I really would like to get the water cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom