FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey that looks really good! I like the wood and its positioning; it gives the tank a really cool look.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! Sort of wishing the DW extended further along the tank but I can check the LFS for any pieces that will complement this theme.
Dr Nano - the UG is a wad of string algae, leaves, and runners.

Thanks! Sort of wishing the DW extended further along the tank but I can check the LFS for any pieces that will complement this theme.
Dr Nano - the UG is a wad of string algae, leaves, and runners.

A long branching piece would look amazing. Manzanita.com may have some interesting pieces?

Fresh, great rescape. I really like the root look. I agree a few more piece would set it off. Really making us step our game up.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A long branching piece would look amazing. Manzanita.com may have some interesting pieces?

I just removed a few branches of manzanita. Would have used then but were not the right dimensions. I perused the manzanita site; nice pieces there. Since I have Malaysian in there now I think I want to stay with that type. The LFS has a couple dozen Malaysian DW pieces in various sizes. I should be able to find something there to go with what I have.

Dw abutting ar mini huh? This one walks a dangerous path;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dw abutting ar mini huh? This one walks a dangerous path;)

I live on the edge...
I need an opinion. I brought 3 pieces of Malaysian DW and put them into the tank. 1 piece did not look right so I removed it. I still have 2 in the tank. In the pic, the smaller piece (blue arrow) is an "extension" of an existing piece. I like that one. The larger piece (red arrow) I'm not sure about. I had to remove several stems of AR to make room for it.
Keep it! Remove it?
I might remove some pogo stems and add some AR to balance things out.
nV2t8qj.png
bSBFt4A.png

I like it, breaks up the colors nicely, I'd leave it in such a way it can be plucked for h202 dips without upsetting the scape to much.. i have a heck of a time keeping my Malaysian clean.. bullpen...

I think it creates a nice balance! Agree with Brookster; keep it easily accessible. But loving how it helps balance the layout.

I agree that the pogo is a bit overwhelming at the moment, especially since it's right smack in the middle of the tank...

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Agreed, it will stay. I want to keep it on the right side so it appears that all the DW originate from the same area. Thank you for the input everyone.

You're welcome David! Buy more fish!

You're welcome David! Buy more fish!

I've got 7 embers and 3 Otos in QT. They should be going into the tank this weekend.
Next up? CPDs? Kuhlis? Furcatas or other blue eyes?

Going nano 100%?? If so I'd highly highly recommend a fleet of scarlet badis if you can stand a bit of squabbling, cpds too.. just look at this guy. There's always apistos for a centerpiece.. embers are awesome. I hate to say this.. lighting makes a big difference with the embers.. heavy reds make them pop big time..

Attachments

• 1423870764373.jpg
    1423870764373.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 60
I've got 7 embers and 3 Otos in QT. They should be going into the tank this weekend.
Next up? CPDs? Kuhlis? Furcatas or other blue eyes?

Oh wow, literally all some of my favorite fish! The furcata would be a nice color offset to the embers so that's my vote (y)

I second the vote for Kuhlis. They are fun fish to have. Panda Garra are interesting too.

Go Reds!

I like your choices Fresh...you should get...all of them. I ordered myself some CPDs today wish me luck :D

Back
Top Bottom