From beginning to End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well not always ya know. Since im getting ALL live rock and no base rock, im sure i will see some interesting things coming out of the rock, even if they are dying lolol. Idk, we will have to see. Hopefully i get lucky and theres some hitchhikers doing their own thing.

Yep hopefully there is. Thanks! My live rock is schedualed to be here by 4:30 on thursday! :D Im syked.

Yep, ill post them as soon as the rocks get in. Sad thing is, i have work at 5, and it gets here by 430.. so i dont know what i'll do. Maybe i'll call in sick or something. Who knows lol.

Yeah thats what i will probably do if im home when the package comes in. If it doesnt come in and im already at work then i will just have my mom or dad pick it up and put it in my room or something.

Haha, i dont even focus right now as it is and i only have my tank running with water, sand, and a couple pumps lol. I work at a docs office. I do comp. maintenance there. Take care of basically any comp needs. Get paid pretty darn well too. P.S. More than some of the employees here who have been here for over 5 years! LOL! But in any case, i work from 5:00 to however long i want, so i dont deal with anyone and i can just bounce if i need to. I make my own hours. Its pretty nice.

Yeah but its just until the end of the summer. Than its college for me. Im commuting so thats the reason im investing on this tank. Something to do/take care of, while i have to spend days at a time in my room doing schoolwork lol.

I know!! Dude honestly, thats ALL i've been thinking about. I haven't gotten the rock yet, but all i can think about is how im going to scape it and then whats its going to be like to watch it cycle lol.

You dont even know...Even when there was nothing but the LR in the tank and it was cycling, I would sit and stare at it. Imagining what I would put in it and what I was going to do next. Its awesome! lol

Haha, i dont even focus right now as it is and i only have my tank running with water, sand, and a couple pumps lol. I work at a docs office. I do comp. maintenance there. Take care of basically any comp needs. Get paid pretty darn well too. P.S. More than some of the employees here who have been here for over 5 years! LOL! But in any case, i work from 5:00 to however long i want, so i dont deal with anyone and i can just bounce if i need to. I make my own hours. Its pretty nice.

Nice, you're a lucky guy. You want to come work for me, lol. I run a medical office but then again, dont really need the computer help because we have Macs!!!

yeah, just make sure that you dont let your parents catch you staring at it. my parents stuck a sleeping bag over my tank because I was concentrating on the fish more than my homework lolz

Haha that sucks lol. Btw sharkbait, did the LR make your tank smell when it was curing?

Ya, SOOO, I went to start up my RO unit today, because my salinity was getting a little high since a good of water evaped.. and as i turned on the faucet BAM! It sprung a full scale leak right into my face. It seems that the entry on th eline connecting the first and second canister busted a leak. So now im boned. I did some repairs on it with crazy glue and has some battle scarres from the glue lol. My fingernail kindof got stuck to my skin a little. Now im just waiting on the glue to dry to try and see if it works. In the even that it doesnt.. im going to need to send it back. Which really... sucks. Sucks more than ever because my sg is high.. and will only get higher as the water evaps.. and my LR is supposed to be here tomorrow. And i cant put the LR in the tank if the sg is over 1.025, which i predict it will be unless i fill it up with water. So i have two choices.. try and repair it, then send it back after i filled my tank up, or send that darned thing back and risk it for a little while with some tap water. Duno what to do, but i got to make some choice decisions here.

Ya, SOOO, I went to start up my RO unit today, because my salinity was getting a little high since a good of water evaped.. and as i turned on the faucet BAM! It sprung a full scale leak right into my face. It seems that the entry on th eline connecting the first and second canister busted a leak. So now im boned. I did some repairs on it with crazy glue and has some battle scarres from the glue lol. My fingernail kindof got stuck to my skin a little. Now im just waiting on the glue to dry to try and see if it works. In the even that it doesnt.. im going to need to send it back. Which really... sucks. Sucks more than ever because my sg is high.. and will only get higher as the water evaps.. and my LR is supposed to be here tomorrow. And i cant put the LR in the tank if the sg is over 1.025, which i predict it will be unless i fill it up with water. So i have two choices.. try and repair it, then send it back after i filled my tank up, or send that darned thing back and risk it for a little while with some tap water. Duno what to do, but i got to make some choice decisions here.

Ok and that sucks. Sorry man. I think your best bet at the moment is to see if your crazy glue fix works otherwise, why dont you top it off with some tap. Make sure you condition it though. I know the headache that must cause! :(

BIG headache this causes.. ya. If worst comes to worse, then ya i will have to top off with tap. But only until the new RO unit gets here and then i can go back to using that water. Thanks for the advice tho. :/

EDIT*

Yeah so like.. i just bought the housing unit, w/o the filters/membrane, and when i receive it, i will then send my broken unit w/o the filters/membrane and then once they receive the broken one, they will give me a refund. Pretty coolio.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom