From beginning to End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So anyways, heres a SHORT update. Aquarium1 got me uploading a picture of my cloudy tank lol cuz he wanted to see it, so i figure i show you guys what it looks like. I started doing some rockwork on the very left side, but the water got hella cloudy in seconds, so it seems i'll have to do my rockwork bit by bit. But im ok with that, cuz i haz patients.

25yyxoo.jpg

Cool! From what I can see, it looks like you got some nice sized pieces. That will be fun to aquascape! :)

Yep, i have nice size pieces NOW. When it arrived they were 4 HUGE size boulders. I got 45lbs in 4 rocks... lol. I went to town on the 4 huge rocks with a hammer and chisel and actually, i think the seperation went quite nice. I have a wide variety of medium and small size pieces which give me tons of room to work with. AND, i still have more rock coming in. Pretty syked. Only thing tho, i dont think im going to buy LR from liveaquaria ever again. When i got this rock it was poorly wrapped.. Also, they say the standard rock is covered 40-50% in corraline, but my rocks have little to no corraline on them. Also.. there is a massive amount of dead things on these rocks.. I mean, i dont see a single live thing on them. Maybe i got a bad batch or something.. who knows. But all in all, im quite happy that they are in smaller pieces now.

That sight looks very familiar! Nice size aquarium linksyz ... what is the overall length / height?

Length is 4ft. Hieght is like 21" i think and the width is about 13" give or take. Not that wide, but i can deal with it.

From what i can tell it i think it looks nice so far. So the quality of the rock from live aquaria isn't that good. That's 1 of the places i was gonna order from. And no live things? that sounds like 1 of the most exciting part.

Well all im saying is i wouldnt buy the standard fiji rock ever again. But thats just my opinion. **** there could be tons of things that i just dont see, but from what i CAN see.. there isnt. I dont know how their other rock and the premium grades are. But from personal experiance their standard doesnt look too apetizing.

Good to know - I cant believe liveaquaria wouldnt have good quality though because they seem to be on the ball with everything else.

keep a lookout for hitchhikers though, they are shy at first and come out later...

lol looks pretty bad if you ask me xD Everyones trying to be so nice. But yeah, i replaced the filter cartridges with rubble from the LR.. so i cant really put it in anymore lol. It did get pretty darn clear tho. When i put my skimmer up when its done cycling will it make the water clearer as well?

0the reason we tell you its nice is because you cant handle the truth. lol jk!

the skimmer should help a little i think

Well since my water cleared up pretty darn clear in just a few hours, i'll show you what i've done so far. Let me first just say that i dont like it, these rocks are as dead as my toe nails, and my water conditions are perfect. Salinity is at 1.024 and the temp is 79. So yeah, im angry right now.

2nta1f.jpg

3326tl3.jpg

2eygo7m.jpg

2w6f9mh.jpg

So there you have it. Hopefully the rock from intmarinefish.com wont looks as bad as this stuff. Rofl.

Actually look pretty darn good for 45lbs worth of LR. But I would have just put all the 4 pieces in depending on how they looked.

Yeah well i really want to do stuff with the rocks, and with 4 large pieces i couldnt really maneuver any of them.

Not exactly, liveaquaria said it was "pre-cured" but not fully cured. Whatever that means.

Back
Top Bottom