Future Tank Endeavor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That may look nice as well, I thought about it was just unsure of the direction I wanted to take. Having each school shoal together nicely was the goal in mind though so that might be what I end up doing.
The problem is that most schooling fish really only stick together if they feel threatened.

The problem is that most schooling fish really only stick together if they feel threatened.

I wasn't suggesting they not get some semi-larger fish...just not go overboard with so many different schooling fish. They will still school when people come near the tank and if there are some centerpiece fish, won't they? I know my tetras do when someone goes near the tank and they are the only fish in my 55g (other than a farlowella).

Another question, would substituting the blood parrots for a pair of blue rams work? Or would they cause problems?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd actually really suggest it over the parrots. Much less chance of causing trouble.

Caleb

Okay cool, I honestly just thought of them whole I was at work last night and they're gorgeous

Ok, so here's the new potential stocking list... I ended up going to one of the big box stores to Christmas shop for the dog and decided I'd probably enjoy a 75g more. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 1450375237980.jpg
    1450375237980.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 47
They will have a tasty snack. Remember no cichlids with shrimp. You could actually probably to bamboo shrimp or giant blue wood shrimp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think if the tank is heavily planted enough then a colony of shrimp would breed faster than a pair of rams could pick them off

Struggling. Is it weird that the shrimp are the part I'm most excited about?

I think if the tank is heavily planted enough then a colony of shrimp would breed faster than a pair of rams could pick them off

Okay, thanks Sini! I was planning on adding the rams last, so that's really reassuring

I'm super escatic now... time to start saving, this is one heck of a project...

I think that light may be too powerful for no CO2 though... Maybe use a less powerful medium-level light and excel?

I've heard several stories about who pairs of rams have decimated huge shrimp colonies in days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom