GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
severum mama said:
That is exactly what I would suggest. Don't trust the lfs for any advice, and impulse buys should be avoided IMO. It is better to make a list of stuff you like, ask about it here, weigh the advice you receive, and make a more informed decision.

Great! Ill probably call ahead, find out what corals are in stock, research, post on here, then possibly buy it!!

Also, while you guys/gals are here, i have some questions on the coral type abbreviations, what is lps, sps, softies, and any other abbreviations that i missed mean? Sorry, i feel dumb asking, but i have too! :p thanks

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Im confused tho, if someone with medium lighting bought a coral that needed high lighting, couldnt he just keep the light on longer??

No it still needs more intense lighting. You should look into Duncan corals!!

Lol sps needs pristine water and alot of light, Lps is a little easier, nps is very hard from what I hear.

SwimsWithFish said:
Lol sps needs pristine water and alot of light, Lps is a little easier, nps is very hard from what I hear.

What about softies? Just soft corals? What would an example of these be? Thanks!

Oh, what about sand sifting gobys? Are they tough? Do they need a deep sand bed?

Oh, what about sand sifting gobys? Are they tough? Do they need a deep sand bed?

They don't need a DSB like a jawfish would, but they definitely love to dig. The downside to that is that they will constantly scatter sand all over your live rock and corals. This can be irritating to the corals.

You'll need a 5 inch dsb. Also, don't mess with the bed once it's established or you'll cause a mini cycle:eek:

severum mama said:
They don't need a DSB like a jawfish would, but they definitely love to dig. The downside to that is that they will constantly scatter sand all over your live rock and corals. This can be irritating to the corals.

Oh so the corals wouldnt like that? Ya, i can see that. Would they be a nice addition? Or nah?

Gboy66 said:
Oh so the corals wouldnt like that? Ya, i can see that. Would they be a nice addition? Or nah?

If you keep the corals away from the sand bed you'll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom