GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SwimsWithFish said:
Yes some shrimp will eat it but with 2-3 shrimp the aptasia will reproduce too fast for the shrimp to get all of it. Plus it kills corals...

Ok i will definatly not get any with apistia, an buy a peppermint shrimp first

Cool! Once again trying not to scare you but carey had to shut down we qt I believe to aptasia... I can't remember what happens but she had some bad aptasia.

Yep, my 55g was full of them. I don't mean a few either, I'm talking hundreds. There was a literal field of them growing from the sand. I ended up nuking the whole tank with ammonia and it's now recycling. So yep, one or two can completely take over a tank.

They will get big don't worry. Then you can nuke them one by one with aipatsia X or with kalwasser solution.

On a good note, the O.D of ammonia cleared up ALL the coralline algae and everything looks brand new. lol Still sitting with nitrites but I expect them to go down by the time the tank sells. :-D

Haha great!! I want to check out the live rock, hopefully i can make 60 bucks by then!!!

So can i get a goby and a blenny? As long as their different colors and body shapes?

Gboy66 said:
So can i get a goby and a blenny? As long as their different colors and body shapes?

It think it might work. I know that Carey has a few Gobies and a Blenny on her rimless tank. :)

redsea said:
It think it might work. I know that Carey has a few Gobies and a Blenny on her rimless tank. :)

Cool! And blenny suggestions? :) are yellow watchmans the more agressive of gobys?

Gboy66 said:
Cool! And blenny suggestions? :) are yellow watchmans the more agressive of gobys?

I have heard of them moving fish away from their territory if they get too close (again, thanks to Carey's thread, lol).

I have 3 gobies and 2 blennies in my 20g. I had 3 blennies but my two spot blenny disappeared a couple weeks ago. :-(

In my opinion, yes, the YWG is the most aggressive of the bunch BUT BUT BUT they seem without any real threat. Mine constantly lunges at passing fish but never does anything more than that. he does it to the mandarin too and she just keeps going or doing what she was doing. Not one fish pays the YWG any mind. LOL

carey said:
I have 3 gobies and 2 blennies in my 20g. I had 3 blennies but my two spot blenny disappeared a couple weeks ago. :-(

In my opinion, yes, the YWG is the most aggressive of the bunch BUT BUT BUT they seem without any real threat. Mine constantly lunges at passing fish but never does anything more than that. he does it to the mandarin too and she just keeps going or doing what she was doing. Not one fish pays the YWG any mind. LOL

3 gobys and 3 blennys! Oh! So could i definatly do 1 blenny and a YWG? i LOVE the "floor fish"!!! They are the most interesting! So funny abt the goby! I guess ill just have to make sure i make alot of caves! My tank has quite a bit of floor space too, it isnt a cube (you all already know that though) :)

Gboy66 said:
3 gobys and 3 blennys! Oh! So could i definatly do 1 blenny and a YWG? i LOVE the "floor fish"!!! They are the most interesting! So funny abt the goby! I guess ill just have to make sure i make alot of caves! My tank has quite a bit of floor space too, it isnt a cube (you all already know that though) :)

I agree, bottom dwellers are very cool. They are fun to watch!

I have my ywg in with a citron goby, 2 clown, scooter and mandy of course. Not sure if this happens alot, but my YWG turned white and hasnt changed color back....The LFS said it might be a female and they can do that.

Just a warning, cause mine was brilliant yellow and now is a grumpy gray white color. Still love him and all but just not colorful or very nice to look at. Amusing sometimes, like when he tries to be the big bad fish and does the open mouth lunge thing. lol

carey said:
I have my ywg in with a citron goby, 2 clown, scooter and mandy of course. Not sure if this happens alot, but my YWG turned white and hasnt changed color back....The LFS said it might be a female and they can do that.

Just a warning, cause mine was brilliant yellow and now is a grumpy gray white color. Still love him and all but just not colorful or very nice to look at. Amusing sometimes, like when he tries to be the big bad fish and does the open mouth lunge thing. lol

Hahaha that sounds so funny! Ppen mouthed lunge! You should post a video of that sometime! Clown gobys might work? If it changes colors, thatd be a bummer, but oh well! Id still lile him :)

Clown goby good addition instead of a striped cardinal?

Or a starry blenny? Tail spot blenny? SO many options lol! I want to hear everyones' favorite blenny/gobys combos!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom