GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gboy66 said:
Oh, and for stock, could i get a lawnmower blenny? What do you all like better, lawnmower blenny or midas blenny..?

Midas...had both.....with my lionfish.......bad idea......

carey said:
I feed NLS flake and a pretty wide selection of frozen foods.

Cool, thanks adam and carey! Ill get these!

Ok, so we just got a little bit of live rock along with the two raw shrimp for the tank. These are GREAT pieces. Each is a pound, but they have coraline and macro all over them. One piece even has sponges, and the other has xenia!!

Question is, how do i keep these alive through the cycle? I know they are hardy, but will they survive?

It's really hard to say if they will survive. Just plan for the worst and hope for the best. It's probably too late now, but make sure to keep the sponges submerged.

KAhner said:
It's really hard to say if they will survive. Just plan for the worst and hope for the best. It's probably too late now, but make sure to keep the sponges submerged.

Oh they were, transported them in water.

Should we keep the lights on now?

Transfering to tank is tricky with sponges, if the are exposed to air at all they will have air bubbles in them, which will kill them...

kurtyboh said:
Transfering to tank is tricky with sponges, if the are exposed to air at all they will have air bubbles in them, which will kill them...

Oh crud! The guy took it out of water to weigh, and we took it from the bucket to the tank out of water. Maybe it isnt even a sponge though! Ill take a pic tomorrow.
It looks like lips weirdly enough

Really? So how many hours a day? Should i have both bulbs on (blue and white)?

Will this cause alot of algea growth?

Gboy66 said:
Haha considering this took us a whole day...i think itll be there awhile:)

Convict: ya man, its pretty sturdy! I dont think itll fall, but the glue we had between te rocks broke off as soon as we put the rocks in the water!!

Here are some new pics of the caves, we built them up a bit to be more concealing for the fish, but easy for us to see them:).

Like this scape better!! I'll let ya know about the glue test!!

Convict2161 said:
Like this scape better!! I'll let ya know about the glue test!!

Thanks!! Im glad, it turned out better than expected.

Ya, let me know about the glue:)

Gboy66 said:
Thanks!! Im glad, it turned out better than expected.

Ya, let me know about the glue:)

I'll try it tomorrow, I'll set it in water and let ya know. Anyway great job man!! Your an inspiration to me while I'm setting my cube up, and I really mean that!! Keep up the good work!!!

kurtyboh said:
Standard, actinic 12hrs rest for 10, but if algae starts you can cut bck for a while.

So have them on for 12 of the day? Sorry if im wrong haha

Convict2161 said:
I'll try it tomorrow, I'll set it in water and let ya know. Anyway great job man!! Your an inspiration to me while I'm setting my cube up, and I really mean that!! Keep up the good work!!!

Cool!

Thanks so much! Im going to show this post to my bro, we were both worried it would look terrible lol!

Thanks again guys! Ill post more pics tomorrow...i know how much fun pics are!

Anyone else find it interesting that there are 900 posts on a thread for a tank that just started cycling..? Hahah i like it!

Yeah, you can run them anytime you want so you can watch them in the evening. Actinics on for 12hrs, rest of the lights on for 10hrs.

I personally don't know why people don't want to use lights during the cycle?

You are going to get the uglies anyway, so why not get them started sooner rather than later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom