GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are always gonna get algae. And I think it is quite beneficial even tho it doesn't looks great. It is totally natural, things like urchins, snails, crabs and all CUC require this to live and if you had none you couldn't keep any of those.

I have xenia and my lights are on 8 hours a day, it is much easier if you have it on a timer.

I've had over 15 scapes so far on mine. So I am sure you will :whistle:

Have you got your stocking list yet?

fishy5559 said:
I've had over 15 scapes so far on mine. So I am sure you will :whistle:

Have you got your stocking list yet?

Fo sho!

1 true perc clownfish
1 midas blenny
1 Orange stripe prawn goby
1 gramma
1 flasher wrasse
1 bangaii cardinal

Nice stock list. Got a nice variety of fish
Think you should be fine with 6 personally. I am also going with six in my tank, so can only add two more

Is the tank too cloudy to turn on the filter and skimmer? There are tons of hair and crud in the water, and i really want to turn on the filter haha

We turned on the powerheads. Now everything is being stirred up

Attachments

• image-1538021230.jpg
    image-1538021230.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3860075012.jpg
    image-3860075012.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 73
Gboy66 said:
Is the tank too cloudy to turn on the filter and skimmer? There are tons of hair and crud in the water, and i really want to turn on the filter haha

We turned on the powerheads. Now everything is being stirred up

You look good to go to me

Turn ob filter, but not skimmer, the skimmer removes dissolved organics, which are whats feeding your cycle

kurtyboh said:
Turn ob filter, but not skimmer, the skimmer removes dissolved organics, which are whats feeding your cycle

Oh, got it. Just the filter.

Looking good! I like my Xenia a lot. It is such an attractive piece that gets everyones attention and proves that corals are living.

needmorecowbell said:
Looking good! I like my Xenia a lot. It is such an attractive piece that gets everyones attention and proves that corals are living.

Does yours like move alot? Do the hands move?

I definitely would not go with a twelve hour light cycle thru the cycle. You are going to have major algae. That's pretty much the max anyone should use, and most don't. I think the reason people don't cycle their tank with the lights is that its kinda counter productive to establishing your bb. Instead of feeding your bacteria your feeding your algae.

Since he said lights were subpar i would suggest longer on time, and if algae becomes an issue cut back

needmorecowbell said:
Yep theyre always pumping.

Sick!! I love that look.

Maybe ill keep them on for say 10-11 hours. How will i know if the major algea is regular, or if its my lights?

Ok, guys help!

I put the 2 shrimp in there, and it smells bad. I dont care about it much but my parents do. But we also only have 2 lbs of live rock, which would take forever to cycle the tank!

What do i do!!?

They just took out the shrimp. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom