Gbr breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, remember that tiny yoyo loach? Well he started eating some of the eggs :( some of them survived and they are still in the same place, but today should be day 2 so idk whats going to happen.

Well, remember that tiny yoyo loach? Well he started eating some of the eggs :( some of them survived and they are still in the same place, but today should be day 2 so idk whats going to happen.

That's such a bummer! Hopefully they start protecting them better and the others make it!

I know :( I did remove the loach and kept 4 small hatchet fish in there with the pair, and they've been guarding the eggs pretty good but idk if they are going to hatch or not

I actually have two yo yo's in with a pair I have, which are now going to be moved :) just to be safe

Yea i thought it was ok. It was very small loach but I guess I was wrong. Ohh and all the eggs are gone. Woke up and they were all gone.

Yeah mine are larger so I'm definitely moving them out! I'm sorry to hear about the eggs... Have you thought about removing them and hatching them yourself?

Yea i think im gonna have to do that next time, but if they lay them in the same spot is going to be hard. I just set up a new tank, I think is a 10g and put a bunch of little sword tail babies in there so maybe if the rams lay eggs again I'll put the eggs there. How are yours doing?

My eggs I put in the net breeder actually hatched! They were adorable! Until they disappeared! Lol i think something was hungry and just kept sucking them through the net. looks impossible to me with the super small holes but ive heard its possible. I have a 5 gallon set up for the next time so NOTHING will be able to munch on them

Ohhh thats sad!! Yea i have another tank that I'm going to put the eggs into, but I'm not sure if i should remove just the eggs or the decoration where they lay the eggs too?

My loaches are so funny, he's just resting there, they love that driftwood they always sleep on it

image-4188734764.jpg

image-948331197.jpg

Ohhh thats sad!! Yea i have another tank that I'm going to put the eggs into, but I'm not sure if i should remove just the eggs or the decoration where they lay the eggs too?

Remove the whole thing... Whatever they lay them on. Hopefully it's a rock or something easy to remove. I'm going to fill my tank with the same water from the main one, and then find a cup or something to submerge into the tank and place the rock in so the eggs don't get exposed to air, and then transfer them that way. Others might have a better way to do it, that's just the way I've read to do it, and the way ill do it this time :)

Yeah my loaches sleep in the tops of the plants and even snuggle up inside one of my filters and just poke there heads out together. They Definitely have personality

Thank you i didnt even think about exposing the eggs to the air, thats a good idea, i just hope they don't lay them on the same piece because it's big and it would take a while trying to get the whole thing out. Yea my loaches are always finding a new weird position to rest lol.

My pair of rams had fry on their first spawn. Some rams are just terrible parents. If you want fry you may need to hatch the eggs yourself.

Thats awesome. I wish mine would have at least a couple of fry survive, maybe then they'll get the hang of it.

Ohhh sorry i thought you were asking me, lol i just read it again :)

Back
Top Bottom