Getting a New 36g Bowfront Tank:D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jlk said:
Thanks! The cycled media explains why your already getting conversion. I dont remember what the hot pink equates to on your test but I recall its in the 2-5ppm range. Lets see how your numbers look tonight & we can go from there. Right now, everything seems right on track! Using cycled media doesnt guarentee an instantly cycled tank but it def jumpstarts the process! This tank should cycle fairly quickly as long as everything else is in order. :)
I thought the hot pink meant it was so high that it couldnt be read. on the chart. im happy its jump started

hopefully! I did my 29 g like this and it went smooth with a few hiccups but jlk was a great guide. I need more prime im all out AHHHH

I could! lol I hate going to the lfs(chain stores) yesterday I got in a argument at petsmart..and so I took my business to the local store tails and scails :). and when I got home I ran out of prime..

Don't feel bad, I too got into an argument w/Petco employee! Ahahahaha...took my buisness elsewhere also & forgot flourish...too funny! I have to go to LFS 2day too! I have to go pretty far so...there goes my day. I noticed @ Petco the aquatic employees try to sell natural (not chemical) products like API etc. Idk, I just know I won't shop there if I can wait. Lol...fish knowledge false pride??? Hee hee

Jennie L said:
Don't feel bad, I too got into an argument w/Petco employee! Ahahahaha...took my buisness elsewhere also & forgot flourish...too funny! I have to go to LFS 2day too! I have to go pretty far so...there goes my day. I noticed @ Petco the aquatic employees try to sell natural (not chemical) products like API etc. Idk, I just know I won't shop there if I can wait. Lol...fish knowledge false pride??? Hee hee

oh I dont. ;). I only go if I really need something

ammo 0
nitrites 5.0 still look a lil pinkishpurple
nitrates 40
ph 7.6

ForumRunner_20120423_181504.jpg

Looks perfectly fine! Your nitrites are being converted- they are just not quite up to speed yet! Did you dose amm already? If not, skip it for tonight.

Good luck...are you cycleling w/amodown or the macaroni from the already established aqueon filters from other tank? A beginner ? I know, but someone @ LFS told me all tanks should be cycled this way. Is there any truth to this? If you know the answer I sure would like to know.Lots of luck bring those nitrite & nitrate #'s down!!!

Jennie L said:
Good luck...are you cycleling w/amodown or the macaroni from the already established aqueon filters from other tank? A beginner ? I know, but someone @ LFS told me all tanks should be cycled this way. Is there any truth to this? If you know the answer I sure would like to know.Lots of luck bring those nitrite & nitrate #'s down!!!

im cycling with pure ammoina. found at ace hardware. no harmful additives. and im using 2 established filters from my other aqueon filters. I dont think theres really any wrong way of cycling..petsmart has told me to let the tank run with nothing in for three days and after that..its cycled..yes I mean nothing in it. the preferd way on this forum I think is fishless cycling. cause thay way your not harming fish. also on my nitrites and nitrates. my ammo will drop to 0 and my nitrites will hit 0 once this happens my nitrates will spike. thats when I do a big water change to bring them down to safe levels thats when my cycle is complete. im not a begininer nor am I a expert. I know my stuff. ive only been doing this since august. I still have.a lot to learn lol

I cycled my first tank fishless for two weeks & I should have done the same here. I got the same info from Petco you DID, I'm not that experienced so I WILL test water now sense I am hearing about all this. I really don't want to lose any FISHYS!!! Now i feel silly!

I check my levels and my

ammo 0
nitrites are a pink color..
ph 7.6
nitrates 80
should I do a water change?

Up to you. Either do a big wc & only add a low dose of amm (2ppm) or just skip the amm for another night- your bb wont starve so dont worry! :)

I did a 75% wc. redosed 2.0ppm now im thinking about what to put in..

Back
Top Bottom