Green Spotted Puffer black Belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colleenc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All. I am new to this site and new to keeping a brackish tank. I have tried to do a lot of research before purchasing my GSPs. I have a 29 g tank with a 50 gallon filter. The tank was cycled and took about 2 to 3 months. I did a fishless cycle using Quick start.

I purchased two GSP on Saturday 05-18 and they seemed to be doing well. I have been giving them a mix of Sun Dried Red Shrimp, Mysis Shrimp (frozen, but thawed in cold water) Spectrum Thera small fish, with several snails in the tank. I feed twice a day one of the above.

I changed out about 4 gallons last night. I added water conditioner and salt to a bucket and then added that to the tank.

This morning I noticed that one of the puffers is mostly dark grey and is hiding and staying close to the bottom. I am aware that is could be several things.

I tested my water and the results were normal

Ph between 7.8 and 8.0
Ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5.0
Salinity 1.006

I have a sand bottom with a couple of live fern plants a couple of plastic plants a few rocks and wood to make hiding spots.

I can not figure out what is wrong.

Any suggestions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom