Guppy help!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, if she's far enough along, then aborting isn't that far different from giving birth

The only fry she gave birth to is gone......well there always another chance she get preggo :(

She probly had alot of in fertalized eggs, I heard somewhere that that happens alot with a guppies first pregnancy. Or while she was givin birth the other fish followed her and ate the babies as they came out. Either way she's not pregnant anymore. I'm sorry dude, but she'll have babies again in a month and next time more should survive since you'll know more of what you're doing ^^

I waited for 2 months........and she gave me 1 baby then she ate it -.-

Don't worry, she's stored sperm so she's probly already preggo again 0___e

Hopefully I don't have too wait too long or at least wait only a month

You'll have to wait 28-30 days for her to give birth again, you need to keep the water as clean as possible and keep her well fed. If you do the babies will be healthier at birth (and they might come a little early even ^^)

I just need a new heater the other one overheated and broke, and the one I'm using now only keeps it at 76, the other one keep my aquarium at 82 :(

I suggest keeping the temp at 78°f because that's the best for guppies. Get it as soon as possible or else the cold can shock her and kill her!

Then your house must be warm, because anything below 68°F should kill them

No I have an old heater that's keeps it at 76, the seem to like it better at 80 though

Oh I see what you mean. They do like higher temps, yes, and you should put it at whatever you think would be best for your fish (unless you want my second opinion) so do it whichever way you'd like ^^

Hopefully ican get the new heater soon, so she can't give birth faster, and she can hold up to 3sperms right?

She can hold up to 6, sometimes 7, and that usually lasts over 6-8 months depending on the length of time she stays pregnant. ^^

Dang....that's alot, do u no anything on breeding brine shrimp so I don't have to keep buying eggs?? I already have about 5 adults

I think they may have started breeding, I see egg shells when I didn't add more Napoli in and I cleaned it last week and the whole tank was clean, no egg shells anywhere, so yay!!

Wait, what are you buying eggs for??? And I just recently posted a thread on brine shrimp, so feel free to follow it ^^

Back
Top Bottom