has anyone ordered any of these from drs foster smith?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look fabulous. I personally have nevr had good luck with angels; the few I have bought always die within 3 weeks of purchase of mysterious causes. If you want them, go for it. I think the docs have a very, very nice policy regarding their animals in your aquarium. So, with that in hand and desire in the other, why not take the plunge.

a

I tried a google image search on red angelfish. Found a few references and pics. Give it a try, might help. Good luck if you dicide to try them!!!!

I saw those the other day. They are beauties! I thought I would do some research on them first. With shipping, those are not cheap fish.

They are gorgeous! I imagine there are angel breeders out there who have some for sale that might be healthier than those guys, but maybe more expensive too.

They are also called Blushing Angelfish. I've tried to keep one once and it died. I love koi angels so much though. The key to getting them and keeping them is getting healthy ones from the start. IME, they don't acclimate too well.

Good luck!

I agree. I've never had any luck raising juvenile angels, even from my LFS where water perameters were identical to mine (a mile down the road, both of us on city water). However, I decided to try again with a larger angel (about 3 inches, not including fins) and a couple months later, it's doing great! I'm just not sure if I could justify $20 per fish, plus the outrageous cost of shipping. If they were larger I'd say go for it, but the page does state that the angels will be shipped to you at 1 inch or a little less. I'd look for them locally. JMO

Back
Top Bottom