Has this happened to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feawen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So tonight we noticed my daughters guppies are much happier in their new space and therefore more frisky and harassing the poor ladies (two pairs). After learning a great deal here about guppies and knowing we need to have a better ratio of females to males we headed out and find some cute yellow ladies.

Now I didn't notice any babies in the bag when we left but as we are driving home I notice all of a sudden we have 4 new inhabitants! Has anyone else had this happen? We are gonna do out best to raise them :)
:fish2::fish1:

Not with guppies but when I ordered 4 shrimp one time a second look in the bag revealed about 30 shrimplets! Which sadly all got sucked into the filter....:(
Congrats on your babies

So tonight we noticed my daughters guppies are much happier in their new space and therefore more frisky and harassing the poor ladies (two pairs). After learning a great deal here about guppies and knowing we need to have a better ratio of females to males we headed out and find some cute yellow ladies.

Now I didn't notice any babies in the bag when we left but as we are driving home I notice all of a sudden we have 4 new inhabitants! Has anyone else had this happen? We are gonna do out best to raise them :)
:fish2::fish1:

Oh cool. I've taken home pregnant platy before but never had an "in the moment" situation. How cool

i just bought 3 lyre tail mollies for a new tank and about 3 days i had babies. the mollies are the first fish in the tank and now i'm afraid to buy anymore fish. fun, fun, fun.

I bought pregnant platys a few weeks ago - she had her fry but we were pretty new to keeping fish (especially the right way) and they all either we're eaten or didn't survive. Having those guppies arrive as we were driving home was pretty crazy. I was so worried they wouldn't make it!

They are in our little hatchery now and I have fry food from the lfs. I plan to do a lot of research tonight on how to raise them. Any links or advice is definitely welcome. :)

Back
Top Bottom