Head's 29G Biocube journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea it is a little toasty here was about 80 today, ill crank the heater down a little and see if it goes down at all

Turned the heater down and turned the LED's on, still at the same temp. The apt is at 77F.

the temp was down to 78 this morning and the last chromis is gone. as the day goes on the temp is rising a little its at 79 now, same temp as in my apt
also found this little guy in my tank, he is very small and my camera cant focus well enough to get a close picture

also is there a way i can move my ricordea or kenya tree without having to move the whole rock?

34o6gcx.jpg

ill try to get a better one

You can keep the back of the BC propped open to help add some additional cooler air intake. I run my BC 29 without a heater and have very little temperature fluctuation.

You can keep the back of the BC propped open to help add some additional cooler air intake. I run my BC 29 without a heater and have very little temperature fluctuation.

ya my apartment fluctuates too much for me to feel comfortable doing that

and i dont think this is much better but here is another.click on the pic to make it larger, that might help

29vbf9v.jpg

I changed my rocks around and now i don't like where the green minimaxi is(3rd picture on page 4), is there anyway i can move it if it is already attached to the rock?

Best way to remove is use a power head and gently blow under it, at it's foot, where it is attached. This will usually make it give up its foothold.

Best way to remove is use a power head and gently blow under it, at it's foot, where it is attached. This will usually make it give up its foothold.

Ok ill have to figure something out, its stuck in a crevice and i can tell it enjoys itself in there

So i went to get some mushrooms from a guy and he offered me his clownfish for $5! So i capitalized on the offer and got the fish. i got it last night and dripped it and everything and so far so good. He is actually swimming around, unlike the other fish i bought who just went and huddled in the corner.

I tried to feed him but he didnt like the pellets lol he ate them then spit it out.
another this i noticed is that bright green algae you can see on the glass, the nasty brown crud is going away and now that is moving in :/
here is a picture. he never stops swimming so its blurry.

ehne36.jpg

Looks good! Diatoms fade with time and decent water, and 95% of all tanks get some algae on the glass over time. Just scrape it off. I have to scrape my front glass every 2-3 days. Not much, but enough to see it on there.
Nice Ricordias!! I have that color as well.

Ohh yeah, good luck with the clown, fingers crossed for you. :)

thanks, i can already tell there is a huge difference in the way the other fish were acting compared to this one. he told me its a true percula. is there an easy way to tell the difference between the different kinds? and if i wanted to get another eventually could i put an ocellaris with it?

BHead707 said:
Ok ill have to figure something out, its stuck in a crevice and i can tell it enjoys itself in there

I had an aptasia in my biocube but all I did was get a peppermint shrimp and he took care of it, so you could try that if you haven't already gotten it out.

Alrighty folks, i was able to get a maxijet Pro 900 for a good deal but when i put in it the tank it looks waaay to powerful. i.e kicking up sand or pushing water toward the top of the tank, making me nervous to put it in there got any suggestions, to my knowledge they cant be restricted at all

BHead707 said:
Alrighty folks, i was able to get a maxijet Pro 900 for a good deal but when i put in it the tank it looks waaay to powerful. i.e kicking up sand or pushing water toward the top of the tank, making me nervous to put it in there got any suggestions, to my knowledge they cant be restricted at all

Really? I have the MJ1200 and 2 koralia 425's with the Hydor smart wave and my BC29 is just fine. Did you try to angle the outtake in another direction? Play with the flow and see of you can find the sweet spot. My stock outtake is aimed of your looking at the tank, to the right side and upwards to make a ripple effect on the water.

You want to break the water so to speak. Make a ripple reflect like mentioned. My 2 power heads are lower the left one is left side back facing towards center of glass an upwards. And the right one is more forward facing front glass also.

image-3384940278.jpg

image-258285512.jpg

Not sure If the pics will help but I figured it could give you an idea of what I was trying to explain. Seems to work just fine.

ya ill mess with it more today. i tried aiming it at the glass but it moves all of the sand along the glass at that spot.

BHead707 said:
ya ill mess with it more today. i tried aiming it at the glass but it moves all of the sand along the glass at that spot.

I think you'll find the sweet spot. It happened to me too, the right side was getting blasted so I ha to aim the power head up more and it stopped. I had a thread way back when I happened it was causing sand drifts in my tank and the verdict was... Well, I had good flow lol. You'll get it.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom