Hello from Cupertino, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanowiz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a semi-retired engineer. I was introduced to this hobby shortly before I remodeled my house. So, I had the luxury of designing my house with the aquarium as a center piece as well as planning a 2000 gallon koi pond in the backyard landscape. My system has a 175 gallon see through tank set up as a bar for fish watchers. I have water supply and drain under the tank, a power vent through the roof above the tank, ample power outlets above and below, and cabinetry matched to my kitchen cabinets since the tank divides the living room from the kitchen. I even have a RO/DI storage tank in the attic above that feeds back via gravity to minimize on/off cycles on the filter and a floor drain in case an earthquake throws the aquarium water on the floor.

Now after 3 years, I have learned that this is not an engineering project but a science project that is a bottomless pit of learning. I trust membership in this forum will be a humongous aid to that journey.

Sounds like an awesome setup. Please post some photo's.

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom