Help me put together the perfect luxury home for a Betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I have seen them working. Good stuff. I will cut sintra sheets and use the same way they do on the video.

Local pet store has the following plants that mightve a good fit for this tank:

Attachments

• image-3937248201.jpg
    image-3937248201.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 78
  • image-136455285.jpg
    image-136455285.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 85
The question is: are these prices acceptable? What about the provider, any issues?

Attachments

• image-2093315459.jpg
    image-2093315459.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 85
The question is: are these prices acceptable? What about the provider, any issues?

Ive neva seen them in boxes before lol,im.in UK and they have them.usually in one big tank in shop,i tend to order on ebay,they have good prices on there !!! Bunches or potted,i just got 10 Vallis Spiralus on ebay,they are really nice cost.me just.over £5 gbp but some plants do.go to about £7 ish

Is first layer from API any good? It is also available at my local pet shop.

Attachments

• image-2796181905.jpg
    image-2796181905.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 82
You should get either eco complete or floramax. I just got a 12 pound bag of floramax at Petsmart for $10. You can even download a Petco coupon for $5 off $25. http://m.retailmenot.com/showcoupon/4180113/

Expires after tomorrow. Petsmart takes Petco coupons FYI. I would also suggest Flourish Root Tabs to supercharge the substrate.

From the pics, I like micro swords and dwarf hair grass. I'm unfamiliar with the 3rd plant you showed. As for buying the plants immersed like that, I've done that.. Just know you might go through a slight yellowing or "melting" phase after you plant and submerge them. Don't be alarmed as this is normal when plants transit to adapt to a new environment (or acclimate).

You should also get a bottle of Flourish Comprehensive and Flourish Excel to dose after planting.

Thank you again, Brian. Your contribution is always very helpful.

I believe I have everything that is necessary to start this tank, besides the plants. I am on my way to South America for 21 days, and when I come back I will be facing an office move and a residential one. I believe the first week of February is a reasonable date to start this tank.

Between now and then, any reading recommendations? Could be about plants, bettas, aquascaping, water quality, filtration, ammonia cycle, whatever you think will increase my changes of becoming a better pet owner.

Thank you!

No prob.. I still have a lot to learn myself but i can share what little knowledge i have. Anyway, have a safe trip and i hope your move goes smoothly.

I'm not sure what materials are best to read but i found this awesome website that's very detailed and shows various layouts to information on plants. There's different levels of aquascaping from easy, medium, and hard. Check it out!!! Click on the Layouts too!

Tropica Aquarium Plants - Home

And this interactive guide to aquascaping with videos! You can also download a .pdf for future reference.....
Tropica UK ny

No prob.. I still have a lot to learn myself but i can share what little knowledge i have. Anyway, have a safe trip and i hope your move goes smoothly.

I'm not sure what materials are best to read but i found this awesome website that's very detailed and shows various layouts to information on plants. There's different levels of aquascaping from easy, medium, and hard. Check it out!!! Click on the Layouts too!

Tropica Aquarium Plants - Home

And this interactive guide to aquascaping with videos! You can also download a .pdf for future reference.....
Tropica UK ny

Ive read lots of info.about Bettas as you know im getting one myself soon.
If you visit freshwater section on here and go on fish and plant profiles,there is a great profile on there called Betta Splendens Profile,done by Bettafanatic on here its really good,plus people have added bits,helped me a lot,plus they discuss plants too,have a safe and good trip :) tc

Besides some minor chemicals and substrate, all ready! Black stand from PetCo for 50 bucks and free shipping!

Attachments

• image-1439450671.jpg
    image-1439450671.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 109
Pretty nice stand for $50! Didn't think Petco had anything sleek and modern looking as that. Good find :)

Back
Top Bottom