Help me put together the perfect luxury home for a Betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am back from Brazil since Jan. 7th. I have purchased aprox. 50 bucks on plants and placed the orderfor my Betta. The plants have been received and they are under the care of a local fresh water gardener that has been very helpful.

I am moving this weekend from Orlando to Winter Park (not far, but still a move) and as soon as I am able to live in the new home (clothing unpacked, bathrooms with working showers, etc.), this is my first project!!!

I will be back within 2 weeks with pictures. Please stay tuned!

Cool can't wait! Good luck on the move... Treat your new tank with the utmost care when moving it! Keep it close like Gollum from LOTR, "my precious!" Haha

So...the house is still a mess, but it might be a good time to start asking. How many days should I have the tank ready (with plants) before bringing the Betta? I am considering doing the cycle with the Betta already in, since I will have lots of plants and just one single fish.

Let's see if we can get this going before March.

I just read this entire thread, and I must say, I am soooooo excited to see your tank! Will definitely be following.

Yeah it's due time.. We've been waiting for quite a while...haha.

There's one lucky betta that has his name on this tank :)

Just read this thread. Really cool to watch another person's process! I have two betta tanks that I've posted about in other places. Both are a work in progress. I have a betta from Petco and another one I bought from Thailand. I begin to shake when I look at how much that one cost... He is absolutely gorgeous, though and twice the size of the Petco betta. Can't wait to see your tank up and running. I replaced both WalMart 10 gallon tanks with Mr Aqua 13.3 bowfront tanks so I applaud your rimless tank choice. Very classy!

Thank you for the comments, Deb_unlimited. I am glad I have some audience sharing my enthusiasm about this project!

Just read this thread. Really cool to watch another person's process! I have two betta tanks that I've posted about in other places. Both are a work in progress. I have a betta from Petco and another one I bought from Thailand. I begin to shake when I look at how much that one cost... He is absolutely gorgeous, though and twice the size of the Petco betta. Can't wait to see your tank up and running. I replaced both WalMart 10 gallon tanks with Mr Aqua 13.3 bowfront tanks so I applaud your rimless tank choice. Very classy!

I'd love to see these setups too. You got me curious about this exotic Thailand betta. What are the links to those threads?

Still have to work on the wires (and I eanted the tower to be about 4" higher, but not got bother with that).

Link for the source us next.

Attachments

• image-2585243067.jpg
    image-2585243067.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 92
From the feedback I see on their Facebook presence, I decided to get my Betta from BallBetta Thailand.

http://ballhork7.blogspot.com/2012/08/note.html?m=1

They have the halfmoon butterfly copper with some nice contrasting colors. Mine will be along the lines of this one, just with the butterfly pattern:

540519_406615622765696_847533646_n.jpg

Lookin good! I can't wait to see that fish come in! Gorgeous! I'm thinking the background method I used on my 12 long might look really really good on this tank. It'll hide the filter a bit, and make the betta REALLY stand out. Check it out on my 12L thread.

Haha... There's an abbreviation and acronym for everything in forums... You "pioneered" it and you can certainly name it. BBM is it!!! LOL

So just to reiterate, i think this betta luxury home would look splendid with a touch of BBM! ;)

I always thought a dark background would enhace the colors of the plants, and the fish would contrast against green, red and shades of yellow. This background might be an interesting alternative.

I always thought a dark background would enhace the colors of the plants, and the fish would contrast against green, red and shades of yellow. This background might be an interesting alternative.

I used to be a black background only type of guy, but ever since I tried this, it brightens everything up just as well, if not better. IMO. :)

Back
Top Bottom