Help me put together the perfect luxury home for a Betta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always thought a dark background would enhace the colors of the plants, and the fish would contrast against green, red and shades of yellow. This background might be an interesting alternative.

I'd say go with either a black background (if you prefer) or what Bill did. Either would help conceal the filter showing in the background like that.

I'd say go with Bill's method for background because if you use a black background you might miss out on some of the Betta's beauty since he will be black also...just a thought
I can't wait to see your set-up come together! Been waiting for your updates HAHAHA

At this moment, none of the fish providers that I have been following (including some locals) have anything close to what I want. It might end up being a different color, so I'll wait on the fish to select the background after. I already have black, green and blue backgrounds at home, but the idea of the BBM is not bad at all.

I'll keep you posted.

Plants are going in tonight. Now you can be part of this project. Please vote on your favorite Betta from the following options:

Candidate number ONE:

fwbettashm1361004000.jpg

Candidate number TWO:

fwbettashm1361003748.jpg

Candidate numbre THREE:

fwbettashm1361004408.jpg

Leaning more towards #1, but I like # 3 as well! They are all gorgeous but #1 pretty much takes the cake :)

Are you kidding me?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Number three is the ****ing awesomest fish you could possibly have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TURQUOISE, RED AND BLACK, THAT COULD NOT BE ANY COOLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Number 1.

I say this because, as number 3 is pretty, it has a very similar color scheme to most Bettas where as number 1 is not a normal color.

It will be more on a talking point than the other 2 :)

Wow those look almost color enhanced in photoshop or something they're awesome. Is that the picture of the specific fish youll be buying?

And I say 1 or 2

Aprox. 2 hours of work following hints from the internet and with some help of a local enthusiast.

Attachments

• image-1006672062.jpg
    image-1006672062.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 78
Sorry for the crappy images from the iPhone. Last one shows 2 red tiger lotus. Hopefully, they will come...

Attachments

• image-444626786.jpg
    image-444626786.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3129599179.jpg
    image-3129599179.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 72
  • image-4171527038.jpg
    image-4171527038.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1971237604.jpg
    image-1971237604.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3458056157.jpg
    image-3458056157.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 80
Wow! Very nice!! Glad to see the tank all setup. The Betta's colors along with those plants are really going to pop with that black background! I like how everything looks clean and the equipment is concealed well. And man that Finnex fixture on a rimless looks sharp!

Thank you Brian for all your help. The plants ended up being 90% subs to what I had in mind, but at least I got a good balance of greens and red (2 red tiger lotus...HOPEFULLY...will sprout on the right).

As of right now, I have NO BACKGROUND whatsoever. I did a test with a white sheet of paper, and the heater ended up popping more than I expected. I might print some gradients on Photoshop and see if I can make something that will be a good fit.

Bellow are the red tiger

Attachments

• image-74502191.jpg
    image-74502191.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom