Help me stock my 72 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freude88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I have been keeping fish for about three years and love it! Anyways I currently have a 72 gallon bow front planted aquarium. I have generally hard water ( I live in Utah) and a PH of 7.2. I am looking to change things up a bit and would like some advice as far as possible compatibility. I am going to list my current fish and the ones I am willing to part with. I will then list what I am looking at. I would also appreciate any ideas on fish that would compliment the others. I tend to like one centerpiece type fish with others that compliment.

Currently:

5 Angels (half dollar size)
Rummy nose tetra school (about 13-15)
Praecox Rainbows (5)
Sidthmunki Loaches (7)

Willing to part with: I guess given the right fish I could part with any of them. I do however particularly like My Angels and Sidthmunki loaches.

Fish I have been looking at:

Congo Tetras, Some type of rainbow (mid size), german rams and kribensis (a couple of males). I know all of these fish are not necessarily compatible and I can't just mix any of them. I even looked at kill fish, but I hear you can't keep many of them in one tank and the are prolific jumpers. My tank is covered though. I also thought about Discus (I have kept them in the past and don't want multiple water changes a week.) I need help!!!

Thanks in advance! Joy

If you particularly like sidthimunki loaches why not add some medium botias like striata or kubotai?

I'd really like something with a bit more color. I probably only want the one type of loach. Thanks though!

Do you think the following would work in my 72 gallon planted tank? I think there is too many fish just give me your honest opinion.... Which would you keep/get rid of? Compatibility

4-5 Male Congo Tetras
6 Rainbowfish (I am looking at the Wapoga type) I think 3 Inches each
12 Rummy Nose Tetras
2-3 Angelfish
6 sidthmunki loaches (they are quite small, 1-2 inches)
1 dwarf gourami

Thanks,

Joy

Back
Top Bottom