help never had fish before they look poorly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gypostix

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi there i need help ive just got 4 cherry barbs they where ok but now they look like they covered un tiny white bubbles or something , ive been on site all morn as im not that good with pcs and couldnt find where to post a question im new to keeping fish but ive done all right things to set up tank, i went to local aquatic shop and got advice got water tested after 7 days an everything all fish ok till yesterday when they became erratic and swimming near surface and darting about got two plants but i may have overfed them and ruined ph .I probably did wrong last night when i took out 2 litres of water and putin 2 of tap water as i read that water was full of toxins,its only a 12litre tank ,too small i know but want to get bigger one ,just had this new tank for years and decided to have some fish so should have researched before i got fish ,but didnt realize it was not that easy.Im wanting now to do everything right as want poor fish to survive my idiocy.im hoping i can film the tank and fish so you can see and help me but thats complicated for being not that ok with my pc.well i hope someone can help as the shop i went is far away and i got conflicting advice on feeding man said 1 flake of Tetramin each every two or three days but flakes all diff sizes.Could it be the plants or fin rot ?when i got them i thought they looked ok but i looked at them today with a magnifying glass and thats when i could see the tiny white bubbles? or what ?please help .should i start again or what can i do ?Robbie:confused::fish1::(

oh dear,all sounds dreadfull what ive read but thanks

should i go and buy something to get rid of it do you think that would work in my small tank there is apet shop in the town that sells stuff for fish,was i wrong to put tap water in the tank ?how often shoul i change the watwr i mean partially change it and shoul i buy some water treatment too .im sorry im not knowing enough,i have two plants in the tank they look ok but could they carry disease they are planted in the gravel and im still not sure how much food to give them?soz to be a pain .il go and see what shop has .thanks robbie

You need declorinator. I suggest prime. Did you cycle your tank. As for the ick you can treat with heat and salt. Click on the link I posted for the ick treatment.I also suggest getting API liquid master freshwater test kit for your water.

Back
Top Bottom