HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alex07 said:
Just cause it's been running for couple of months doesnt mean its cycled. How do you know he hasnt killed the bacteria while changing the water. Only the test kit can determine that

The bacteria wont die if he uses dechlorinator. How about this. I will bet you $100 it is cycled.

The fact that its sustaining a large amount of goldfish suggests its cycled as well.

tarpon said:
The bacteria wont die if he uses dechlorinator. How about this. I will bet you $100 it is cycled.

The fact that its sustaining a large amount of goldfish suggests its cycled as well.

Only if you do it correctly, did you think about what if he cleans the media with the tap water? Or what if he adds tap water without the conditioner?

alex07 said:
Only if you do it correctly, did you think about what if he cleans the media with the tap water? Or what if he adds tap water without the conditioner?

I always added conditioner with the water and I never tool anything out of my tank when I cleaned the tank

alex07 said:

That's what I just Said. Dechlorinator and conditioner are the same thing. And I already asked about the media.

Sorry if I came off as impolite. You have some good input and are just as helpful/"qualified" as I am

tarpon said:
That's what I just Said. Dechlorinator and conditioner are the same thing. And I already asked about the media.

Sorry if I came off as impolite. You have some good input and are just as helpful/"qualified" as I am

No need to be sorry, is just there are several what ifs. I just don't Mahoney to try to take shortcuts and instead it just makes things more complicated and not enjoy this hobby.

I bought a test kit and the levels of ammonia were in between .50 and .25 I tested the water last night and this morning

Mahoney said:
I bought a test kit and the levels of ammonia were in between .50 and .25 I tested the water last night and this morning

Mahoney, try to stick to one thread instead of spreading the information over different ones. It gets complicated and you won't get as much help.

For others following this thread...more information is current and happening here-

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/my-fish-keep-dyeing-168210.html

Mahoney said:

Idk which tank you're referring too

tarpon said:
Idk which tank you're referring too

The 20 gallon my brothers 10 gallon all his fish got ich and I just got the stuff for it yesterday so I figured it won't do any good to test the water since we have to do a water change everyday and add the medicine to the water

Back
Top Bottom