Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magikalgirl79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I'm so excited to have found this!!! Sooo many fish questions. I've been running a small 3 g tank for approx 3 yrs until I replaced a fish and the new fish killed the other fish too! So I upgraded to a 20g tank! Fully stocked freshwater community aquarium. And I've just discovered one of my platies is pregnant! But have no clue how to tell when she'll give birth

Hey! Welcome to aa you will find lots of useful information and all the advice you will ever need on this forum! When did you discover she was pregnant??

Thanks!! I just found them mating about 24 hrs ago! But I googled as much as I could about the subject and it looks like she was already pregnant! I also consulted a pet store and they think she is as well

:welcome: to AA! :)

Best way to tell if their pregnant is to see after a few weeks if their belly is bulging. If its big and slightly round and red, she's preggo.

bruinsbro1997 said:
:welcome: to AA! :)

Best way to tell if their pregnant is to see after a few weeks if their belly is bulging. If its big and slightly round and red, she's preggo.

She's already bulging! Lol I think I might put her in the other tank today to be on the safe side

Welcome! My Red Wag Platy gave birth a few days ago, I have six fry!

Do you have a picture of her?

redsea said:
Welcome! My Red Wag Platy gave birth a few days ago, I have six fry!

Do you have a picture of her?

Yes I just transferred her to a smaller tank today because she's bulgging! Lol

Attachments

• image-272840925.jpg
    image-272840925.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom