Hitchhiker ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Black lagoon LOL. My water is black right from putting black sand in and yeah it looks menacing.

Great guys, you won't grab it but you want ME to??????? I'm scared poopless to touch stuff. I know I know don't ask why I want to do a sw tank then. LOL

I hope someone tells me what it is and if it's safe. If it's not safe then I hope someone tells me how to get rid of it WITHOUT touching it.

I'll set the rock aside that it is on, til I know what to do with it. Matter of fact, I think I'll take the rock out and "QT" back in the bucket it was in while it waited to go home to DT .

I would put some food in the bucket and watch for it... if the thing comes out and is waving in the air it is probably a brittle star... if it doesn't come out then I would watch it at night so I could get a better idea of what it is.

Well, jeez I knew I would need gloves but sooooo soon LOL. What do they eat so I can draw it out? I have some packaged flake stuff that came with my filter or something but otherwise I haven't bought any food. Didn't think I'd need it so soon.

Great, I can't find the little bugger now. I hope it didn't get into my DT for the 15 minutes or so I had the rock in there for. I looked up Brittle Star and there is a red one that had legs that looked like it HOWEVER their legs were in need of a shave and this one doesn't, it reminded me of a worm kinda. Only part I saw was what was in the picture and now I can't find that.

OOhh yummy, it has freeze-dried shimp lol. Kinda feel stupid feeding a rubbermaid bucket LOL.

K the thing is still hiding again. If it comes out again, just take a stick and dig it out? Won't it break and regrow?

Back
Top Bottom