Hubert's 10g planted tank ~ rescaped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hubert90 said:
Once u go planted! U will never go back! It's a contagious bug!

Lol I bet! However I can see dead ugly plants in my future!! Hahaha I do have 3 10g so..... One of these days I'm
Going to have planted... That may be my next project :)

Flossie said:
Lol I bet! However I can see dead ugly plants in my future!! Hahaha I do have 3 10g so..... One of these days I'm
Going to have planted... That may be my next project :)

O come on! Don't be so negative! U have even tried yet :p! Haha I bet u can pull it off, if I can do it! :)

shadowstars123 said:
Ferts? Co2?

I don't use co2 but Im using API leaf zone, will change over to Seachem flourish once it's finished. I also use excel daily. I use flourish potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen when necessary.

Alright guys, I know I should leave my stock list at it is, but im wondering if I'll be able to increase my cardinals number to 8, instead of 5 after my Betta gets moved to his new tank.

Planned stocking
8 x cardinal tetra
3 x ottos
Malaysian trumpet snails

Aquaclear 70

Hubert90 said:
Alright guys, I know I should leave my stock list at it is, but im wondering if I'll be able to increase my cardinals number to 8, instead of 5 after my Betta gets moved to his new tank.

Planned stocking
8 x cardinal tetra
3 x ottos
Malaysian trumpet snails

Aquaclear 70

If it'll work u can never have to many schooling fish IMO

A bad day today. I found one cards missing again and this time it's not my Betta because he is in a breeding box. So I looked and looked and found it inside my aquaclear 70!!! Dead Ofc. So upset. So i guess that's the down side to having a huge filter in such a small space. I'm really lost because my cardinals including the one that died are doin so well! Color is so vibrant and no sign of illness. So Im quite surprised to find it inside my filter.

Anyways I went to my Lfs and brought and installed a prefilter. So no stock should be able to get inside now! At the same time ive decided to buy red cherry shrimp! :) without the Betta I hope a colony can be established! :D

Attachments

• image-1681320379.jpg
    image-1681320379.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 128
  • image-933373918.jpg
    image-933373918.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 122
Awwww man that really stinks! At least u figured it out and resolved the issue;) that's accomplishment :D

Omg guys! Not sure what it means when shrimp molt! After 3 days! I've found one exoskeleton and one is doin it now! I'm happy :) hoping to find berried shrimp next :)

It means there growing :D. Just make sure they don't get harrased while there still weak, I've lost a few this way, as there super fragile right after molting :(

hippy guy said:
It means there growing :D. Just make sure they don't get harrased while there still weak, I've lost a few this way, as there super fragile right after molting :(

Oo I'm so happy! :) ya the tank is heavily planted. So I'm sure he will be able to hide in my blyxa somewhere :) how long does it take them to finish molting do u know? And how long do they tend to stay "weak"

Umm depends on shrimp I guess. My ghost shrimp need a good day or so before there at it again. Could I gret a pic of the blyxa?? I've been reading on it a bunchm and wojuld love to see it in an aquarium.. how's its care, it looks fun. And yes, your shrimp will have no problem finding a spot to hide I'm sure

I've posted a pic of it in page 1 on this thread. If u want a close up. I can get u one tomorrow. Blyxa is the grassy looking foreground plant in the first pic. I find they ain't very hard to keep. I have about 2.7wpg and they seem to be doin great! Not much maintenance, not sure if they are root feeders but I have Ada aquasoil and I use root tabs and API leaf zone weekly and excel daily!

Hmm another question about shrimp. How long does it take for them to establish in the tank. Because I've read on internet that feeding time is a good indicator of how well the shrimps are doin. And my shrimp tends to just ignore the food. Should I be worried. It's being 4 days now. And tank mates are cardinal tetra, Malaysian trumpet snails and ottos. All which seems to be peaceful towards them '

Aren't crs algea eaters? There ptobobly super content just eating whatever is already in there. And idk, my vampire shrimp has started to act more normal, its been 3 days

Back
Top Bottom