I just know my girlfriend is going to kill me. 60g cichlid journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God that's beautiful. I'll keep my eye out. If removing all the sand and rock didn't sound so **** tiresome, I'd switch over to black. Love love that look man.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1425898074690.jpg

He's so photogenic. It's like he knows I'm snapping his picture lol. I'll update this thread Thursday guys. Thanks for sticking around! :)

Also anybody got a suggestion on fake plants? Can't help but think they're tacky, however I've seem some convincing stuff here.

Nice pictures! I just like to use simple fake plants to cover up the filter intake, heater, cords etc. Any real plant that lasts like anubias will still get beat up ime.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I popped into the LFS before work today. I remember during my first visit, I noticed they had show quality manzanita for outrageously low prices. I paid 15.00 bucks for this piece - it is HUGE, and absolutely destroys the competition online! I hope they don't see this and jack up the prices :lol:

It's beautiful. I'm seriously falling in love with this tank. The silly plastic plant that I thought was a bundle, ended up being one (for 9.99....never again lol) but I think it looks rather nice.

What do you guys think? The water went cloudy because I also bought a large lace rock to hold it down.

Sorry for the huge image size, double tap to bring it to a normal resolution, dusted off an old digital camera to snap a pic.

2U5SN3F.jpg

So I popped into the LFS before work today. I remember during my first visit, I noticed they had show quality manzanita for outrageously low prices. I paid 15.00 bucks for this piece - it is HUGE, and absolutely destroys the competition online! I hope they don't see this and jack up the prices :lol:

It's beautiful. I'm seriously falling in love with this tank. The silly plastic plant that I thought was a bundle, ended up being one (for 9.99....never again lol) but I think it looks rather nice.

What do you guys think? The water went cloudy because I also bought a large lace rock to hold it down.

Sorry for the huge image size, double tap to bring it to a normal resolution, dusted off an old digital camera to snap a pic.

2U5SN3F.jpg

Looking great!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Decided to snap a piece off and arrange it towards the left to create more of a focal point. I think I want to get a few more branches and some lace rock and I may be done with the scape!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426064599512.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426064599512.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 80
Not a peacock but he's turning into a real butthole uploadfromtaptalk1426308983635.jpg

Whatcha think about the latest scape caleb? Any tips bro

It's best to get the More aggressive fish last. I'd try and research what you want to get before you bring it home and ask what it is.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Oh, definitely man. I fell for a stupid sale. I knew they were peacocks, but the 'orange burst cichlid' tag three me off. Not to mention their near medium sized and all 4 cost me 28.00

Usually not so careless but I got suckered into false advertising and a good sale. I've seen quite a few successful tanks with these guys however, so I'm aiming to overstock with more peacocks.

Oh I understand I've done a few impulse buys.. It's just best not to especially with cichlids. One wrong fish and it could be a bloody mess.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thanks man. Really appreciate it. I believe my girlfriend owned one when she moved in with me, lol.

Love the new scape. Looks like a portrait. Fills the whole frame. I know squat about cichlids but that looks like nice quarters for them.
What do you have two copies of "I Love You Man"?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha what are you doing looking at the ops movies instead of his tank?

I don't know what the calico is but be careful it might be an OB Peacock (part mbuna part peacock) and the two with stripes look a lot like juvenile jacobfreiberfi peacocks I don't know which kind of jacobfreiberfi because there are a few kinds. I have two jacobfreiberfi 1 male starting to color up and 1 female

Back
Top Bottom