I just know my girlfriend is going to kill me. 60g cichlid journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go to davesfish.com send them an email with pictures of fish and they should be able to tell you what they are. Plus they have a ton of types of fish.

I don't know what the calico is but be careful it might be an OB Peacock (part mbuna part peacock) and the two with stripes look a lot like juvenile jacobfreiberfi peacocks I don't know which kind of jacobfreiberfi because there are a few kinds. I have two jacobfreiberfi 1 male starting to color up and 1 female

Peacocks and mbuna don't hybridize to my knowledge....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attention deficit
It's pie day! 3.14 Especially significant at 9:26:54

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is, if you're rounding up that last 3 to a 4. It doesn't matter much, since it's only a second off either way. Sorry to get the thread off topic like this. :)

Found out my aquarium is out of level. I noticed it when I added more rock. It's front to back, almost a 1/2' or so. Back is lower water than the front. Could added rock displace water?? It wasn't like this prior to doing it. It's on carpet, on manufacturer stand should I be OK? Glass is thick as gell, 3/8' I think

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Found out my aquarium is out of level. I noticed it when I added more rock. It's front to back, almost a 1/2' or so. Back is lower water than the front. Could added rock displace water?? It wasn't like this prior to doing it. It's on carpet, on manufacturer stand should I be OK? Glass is thick as gell, 3/8' I think

You could always tilt it and use wooden blocks on the corners to even it out.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If you have it close to the wall there is a wood tack strip that holds the carpet in place and if the back of the stand is on it that will cause it to be off level. 1/2" is quite a bit. The most I would feel comfortable with is 1/4" IMO I would drain and try to shim.

I'll drain it tonight and get a pic for you guys. Would pulling it further up alleviate the problem? It kinda happened out of nowhere, hence the confusion.

The carpet has to be fully compressed, as it's been a week straight filled up, same spot. Add more rock and all the sudden I'm out of whack, front to back... Lol. Usually see it side to side but never this way.

Being a 60 with particle board stand I would check what the max weight is for the stand. You may be over with the rock. I can see the rock adding up to a lot of extra weight real fast.

I may be over exaggerating, I am not the best at eyeballing lol. Well talk about it later on when I get home and snap a pic and explore the options

This is from marinelands site

As a side note you have a FOWLR tank. Fish only with live rock, :). The stand can hold up to 10 lbs per gallon or 600 lbs. So you have 160 lbs of live sand and rock, but remember, the sand and rock will displace a lot of water. A gallon of water weighs 8.3 lbs roughly, so if the tank held 60 gallons, it would weight 498 lbs. plus the weight of the tank, which is 65 lbs. However, you will not have that much water because of the sand/rock combination. Make sure you keep track of how much water you are putting into the tank and you should be fine. Keep up with the math: 65+80+80+(8.3 x ?)

BREX

Here is the link scroll down and there is a question about how much the stand can hold
Marineland Marineland Heartland Aquarium Stands : Questions, Answers, How To, FAQs, Tips, Advice, Answers, Buying Guide

Ah. So maybe I should remove some rock then.

Yea I don't know. Looks like they are saying the stand is only rated at 600lbs.

If it's on carpet there is a good chance the back legs are sitting over the tack strip (holding the carpet down) and the front isn't so it is sinking down further once weight is added.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom