I think I've created a Monster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because when you're young, you want to be older, but when you are you want to be younger.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

:lol: They keep me busy, but I know they won't be little for very long. (I still haven't figured out how my oldest got to be eight!) Can anyone tell me..Why is it when you are young, time crawls by at a snails pace but when you get older, the days fly by in a blink?

I hear you...my eldest is 6. Then 5 and 4(well, he will be on may). LOL. They do grow fast and we sometimes miss where the time went.

Well to answer the question about why time flys as we progress in age.
My opinion is, that when we are young, we aren't tasked with responsibility, or stress. As we progress in age, in general our lives become more chaotic, things we were able to do as children (collect bugs, chase squirrels, build forts, etc.) were fun activities. Now we have to maintain jobs, clean house, manage the kids. Wouldn't trade it for the world though.

Your son did a great job on the tank, seems like he might be a bit artistic!

(This is friendly conversation btw, I don't want this to come off as argumentative) I guess being an a-typical teenager I disagree, Phlex. I feel the whimsy of childhood ends in high school. Recently on the news you'll frequently hear a broadcast about how high-schoolers are pushing themselves too hard. I personally don't work because I literally think I would go out of my mind, but.. I take AP and honors classes, I have (legit, non-PE) extracurriculars, I volunteer, I hold leadership positions. I won't complain about the responsibility that I have, because I've brought it upon myself, and it's ok, but no one helps me. My parents don't baby me and do everything for me. I don't underestimate what they do for me, but when it comes to real life, I'm responsible for myself. And that's chaotic as well.
I won't dispute that as a parent, yes that's definitely more hectic than any other period in your life, but I don't think an average adult really is much more busy than a (hardworking) student. We have full-time jobs, it's called school. I don't have slack-off classes. I work all day at school. Then I go home and work more.
Sorry for the mini-rant, slightly off-topic as well; it just gets tiring to hear how easy we have it when I push my self to the max until winter/summer break, and then I crash, without fail every semester. Sorry! :/

I do agree with you Jen, also congratulate you because you sound like a really mature young woman, who is working hard but also enjoying her life.

But you also should agree that not all people of your age act and think like you, which is normal.

IMO life always pass at a super high speed, doesn't matter the age, yes when you are a kid you don't think to much about it, we should enjoy every stage to the maximum.

Enjoy your fish tanks today people!

daileene said:
I hear you...my eldest is 6. Then 5 and 4(well, he will be on may). LOL. They do grow fast and we sometimes miss where the time went.

My nephew is three already. It seems like just last month he was born, oh how time flies with the little ones.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Post "tank-leak-fiasco" pic...everything back to normal!

img_1269448_0_f908546ee1fb7ea088d08d63c04625ae.jpg

alisha, what are those red lights in the back of the tank?

It's a lighted bubble wand. He's had it in there since he first got his tank, but I had the lights turned off in the previous pictures. My other son got a minture version of it in blue for his tank...they like the bubbles and the lights and night! :)

cool...going there now....thanks for the link....

and yes, it doesn't take too much to make them happy...;-)

Back
Top Bottom