I think my neon tetra might have a fungus on it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbie66151

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed a white line on my tetra today looks like cotton. I tried to take a picture but cant get it good enough.I did a little research and it might be a fungus on it. My water tested fine. What can I do to help this fella?

Sent from my RCT6691W3 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry, but what exactly were your parameters at? Fine has a different meaning for everyone.

Where is the fungus located at?

my neons had something similar. Like 2 or so of them a while back. Those particular ones passed. I think one actually survived and is fine to this day.
Never did really get what it was since my levels are good as well. Thought it was Neon Tetra Disease of Columnaris.

You could try some fungus medication. Or some salt (or both). I keep salt in my tank at all times and I believe it has saved me from a few things.

Neons are insanely sensitive and many of the people in the stores I go to say they wont even keep them in their own tanks anymore because of the mortality rate. I just had to put on down that appeared to have dropsy.

They seem fine one day and BOOM gone the next. Im prob pretty done with them as well.

Neons are insanely sensitive and many of the people in the stores I go to say they wont even keep them in their own tanks anymore because of the mortality rate. I just had to put on down that appeared to have dropsy.

Yep, I'm stocking my new 20 high with wild-caught Green Neons specifically because of this. The regular Neons in the trade are just way too inbred.

Yep, I'm stocking my new 20 high with wild-caught Green Neons specifically because of this. The regular Neons in the trade are just way too inbred.

now THOSE would be awesome Im going to have to watch for those in my stores.

Maybe some nice threadfin rainbow fish if you can find them. I want some but IM afaird they would be food in my tank until they got bigger

now THOSE would be awesome Im going to have to watch for those in my stores.

Maybe some nice threadfin rainbow fish if you can find them. I want some but IM afaird they would be food in my tank until they got bigger

If you really want some Green Neons, The Wet Spot in Portland usually has them and they do mail order.

Back
Top Bottom