I told myself no more.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had said, no more aquariums, I will just upgrade my 75gal to a 115gal and be happy.

Well, sure enough... I found a 3gal Eclipse with TONS of extras (close to $40 worth of extras) for $35

Before I said, I have no more room for aquariums... but this one would fit nicely on the end table next to the couch in the study

What would you put in a 3gal? I was thinking a betta or a crawdad or something that works well by itself.

ROFLMAO, see Bill I am not the only one who needs to see Dr. Ivana Phishtank. I suffer from the same affliction. Of course perhaps a bit worse as the kitchen table was the last to go. :biglol:

I had an Eclipse 3 gallon tank at one time, with a betta. Eclipse filters produce a strong current, and in such a small tank, my betta was quickly overwhelmed. It wasn't a pretty sight. If you do go with a betta in this tank, I would use a sponge filter, gang valve, and airpump in place of the whole bio-wheel and filter apparatus.

Some shrimp would do great, or maybe some plants with a couple of Ottos to keep the algae down etc. Those Eclipse tanks are great especially if you replace the standard flourescent bulb with a PC one and frow a few plants.

Currently I have the Eclipse 5 corner tank with 3 small Sword plants a small piece of driftwood 3 Ottos and 3 Ghost Shrimp. It looks great and is thriving!

Zagz said:
ROFLMAO, see Bill I am not the only one who needs to see Dr. Ivana Phishtank. I suffer from the same affliction. Of course perhaps a bit worse as the kitchen table was the last to go. :biglol:

The kitchen table!!?? ROFL

If it can climb up something, just about anything is an escape artist. It's always good to have a lid. If the 3G is enclosed, you'll be fine. And they are so cool.

Just remember, they are sensitive to water conditions as well. I had one in my 26G back when I first started, he didn't last through the cycle, even with all the water changes I did. If you get one, do a full fishless cycle first is highly recommended, or if you have media from a cycled tank, put it in the 3G tank filter and you should be good to go.

ringfinger said:
Zagz said:

I have no kitchen table, lol.

Could do a few more than just 2 or 3 rasboras. In a 3G, I'd say 3 cories and 5 or 6 rasboras, as they are small bio-loads. Then for algae cleanup, could do a single snail too.

Lonewolfblue said:
If it can climb up something, just about anything is an escape artist. It's always good to have a lid. If the 3G is enclosed, you'll be fine. And they are so cool.

Just remember, they are sensitive to water conditions as well. I had one in my 26G back when I first started, he didn't last through the cycle, even with all the water changes I did. If you get one, do a full fishless cycle first is highly recommended, or if you have media from a cycled tank, put it in the 3G tank filter and you should be good to go.

ringfinger said:
Zagz said:

I have no kitchen table, lol.

Neither do I, anymore. :roll:

Lonewolfblue said:
Could do a few more than just 2 or 3 rasboras. In a 3G, I'd say 3 cories and 5 or 6 rasboras, as they are small bio-loads. Then for algae cleanup, could do a single snail too.

So you think that much will work for a 3gal? You are talking harlequin rasboras?

I have Hengeli rasboras myself in my 26G. They would definitely work with 5 or 6 in a 3G, and 2-3 cories in the bottom. Mine are about an inch each, but the bioload is really small, compared to other fish their size. And if you want to play it safe, then 4 or 5 would be fine. 3 is just too few to look nice. Plus they like company.

Another option, 3 rasboras and 3 neons, for added color, then cories for the bottom, and maybe a snail.

My wife truly knew I was addicted when I started planning on building a house AROUND the fish tanks.

I'm probably only a couple of fish away from a divorce.

Back
Top Bottom