Id please - corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First pic looks to be a palythoa and the second looks like a yellow finger gorgonian.

+2, i'd be reading up on the gorgonian, they have some specific needs and require extra care;)

Thanks guys, when you said need extra care what do you mean by that? Do i have to feed it?

yeah dude, these are expert only, they require proper floe and nutrients. they are non photosynthetic which means the need fed a lot to live. Not an east coral to care for. I'd be getting some good sps coral food and some cyclops.

It is expert only. Read the quick stats on live aquaria for it. Needs a lot of room and is not suppose to be placed near any anemones or other corals. Requires feeding few times a week.

What size tank do you have? The non stop feedings of gorgonians can also foul your water faster than waters changes can fix in a small enough tank.I've seen where some have even had to add a drip tube for feeding to keep up with it's eating requirements.The bigger the system,the better for non-photosynthetic gorgs.

Back
Top Bottom