ID please. Got this today from a friend.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
My friend came by today, he has a 240g in wall saltwater aquarium. He insisted I take this as he fragged it. I not nothing about it. I think he said something cap? I tried to text him but he hasn't answered and I'm inpatient. How does it look and what is it? I know the pics are bad there taken with my eye phone do you really can't appreciate the color.

Under the moonlights it's an awesome green and those little dots or polyps(not sure what you'd call them) are red! It's pretty cool looking. He told me it will start to branch out like it is and grown around rock. If you see it during the day you can see those red dots moving with the flow. It's really a great looking piece.

Just wondering it looks healthy and of someone can tell me what I have. It's getting medium to high flow where it is now and moderate to high lighting being in the middle of my tank

Thanks.

image-634497416.jpg

image-1650205455.jpg

image-3905024748.jpg

image-1140209526.jpg

Ok no problem. How's it looking? What kind of monticap. I knew he said something cap lol.

Is placement ok. I'm gonna google monticap.

All I can tell you is that it is a branching type monticap from what your friend stated. I would love to see a pic of that thing when the lights are on, I've never seen one like it. In terms of type...who knows...can't find an ID like it. Hopefully your friend will know. Though it does remind me of my montipora, though it is a plating type rather than branching.

I just got some of that stuff on a rock with a blue sponge on it looks really nice even if it's the less
Colorful variety but I still like the green more either way the stuff is cool adds a really cool texture to the rock pretty sure it's
Pretty
Easy care moderate
To high light lots of flow plz correct me
If I'm wrong

Madreefer420 said:
I just got some of that stuff on a rock with a blue sponge on it looks really nice even if it's the less
Colorful variety but I still like the green more either way the stuff is cool adds a really cool texture to the rock pretty sure it's
Pretty
Easy care moderate
To high light lots of flow plz correct me
If I'm wrong

Yea the color is amazing!!

I have purple monipora undata. Look like this?
img_2026550_0_485a4931c8d48350423fd87a836bd7fd.jpg

spoonman said:
I have purple monipora undata. Look like this?

The green and the purple have a somewhat different structure.
I think it's either Green Monti undata or Monti spongodes.

Hmmmm.... Interesting. I'm gonna shoot better pics tomorrow I'm real curious now! Thanks for all the replies and hers detective work everyone. Better pics tomorrow or my friend will clear it up.

I'll call him in the morning.

dino

your tank just gets better and better looking everyday

STOP........

I can't keep up

LMAO

54seaweed said:
dino

your tank just gets better and better looking everyday

STOP........

I can't keep up

LMAO

Hahaha ok.. ok... I'm done I promise. I don't think I can fit anymore anyway lol.

And thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom