ID please. Got this today from a friend.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flreefer said:
Candy canes have a couple different colorations, they are both candycane, IMO.
Any progress on the ID yet? The more I looked, I think it's probably Montipora spongodes, but if you google green Montipora undata, there are a couple that look really close. I'd put my money on spongodes though.
Can't wait for the big "reveal". :)
Lookin good Dino!, keep some healthy flow on those sponges!

Thanks! I'm hoping the mp10 will give enough flow or the sponges. Waiting for my friend to call me back.

Ok my friend called me. He said it's a frag from his Montipora Spongodes. Also called it a green spongode frag. Thanks everyone.

Nice!! I think i like that better than my orange/green polyps Sunset Monti!
Cool piece, Dino. They will grow relatively fast too, in the right conditions....maybe trade a frag when your ready? Lol

Nice!! I think i like that better than my orange/green polyps Sunset Monti!
Cool piece, Dino. They will grow relatively fast too, in the right conditions....maybe trade a frag when your ready? Lol

Already called it on page 1! Lol. But seriously, that thing is really cool. Did your pal get back to you on what he says it is yet?

It's Montipora spongodes.
Even though I didn't read his post before mine, reefrunner69 got the correct ID in 8 minutes before me. Credit is all reefrunner69's.... This time!! Lol. :)

Here is what you might wanna consider for your next purchase:

image-108210438.jpg

Hangs on the door to the guest room. Best gift I ever got.

Back
Top Bottom