IDK why my 60 gal seems incomplete...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Real plants in the tank would be AWESOME! I've always admired planted tanks but id need to get different lighting and a co2 system right? Oh and good substrate aaaaaaaand fertilizers n stuff right? I hear they're a lot of work! I wouldn't even know where to begin with plants! lol!
You did a spectacular job with your faux plants...
I love the way fish interact with real plants, and the way the fronds or whatever they have flow with the water current. Anubias doesn't require super special lighting, CO2, fancy substrate etc...Anacharis doesn't either. It grows like you wouldn't believe with a little bit of light...it also loosely resembles the plants you already have in there. Maybe some java ferns too :)

(& i know it was her because once I caught her with one in her mouth with the antenea sticking out)
Hehe I know it's annoying and sad when this happens but I can never stay mad because it looks so silly :p

Careful with the driftwood. It's beautiful but I've had a lot of trouble with it lowering the pH of my water, as it is known to do.

If u get low light plants u don't need to do anything different. I only have 60 Watts of light in my 100g and my plants grow fine. I don't have any special substrate. Recently All I do is dose flourish excel once a day but I haven't really noticed a difference.

Your set up would be fine. They don't require any special work lol.

Oh! okay cool! :D Which plants would you suggest?

wow amazing pics and yea i looked them up they get anywhere from 3-5 inches but i heard they hard to feed
+

Thank you! I got mine from petco. I've seen them at 3 different petcos! So if you havent looked there, thats where id try, if you got one near you! other than that I haven't seen them anywhere other than at a tiny local fish store.

Mine hasn't been a difficult eater. At least I don't think so! Maybe I got lucky! It's molted 3 times within the last 4-6 months I've had it. So I assume its eating well. I try and just add extra tiny pieces of flake food when I feed all my fish so it has something to eat. I noticed it usually picks up food off the bottom or goes near my bubbles for food to float up for it to eat.

You did a spectacular job with your faux plants...
I love the way fish interact with real plants, and the way the fronds or whatever they have flow with the water current. Anubias doesn't require super special lighting, CO2, fancy substrate etc...Anacharis doesn't either. It grows like you wouldn't believe with a little bit of light...it also loosely resembles the plants you already have in there. Maybe some java ferns too :)

Hehe I know it's annoying and sad when this happens but I can never stay mad because it looks so silly :p

Lol okay tha sounds awesome! I'm going to have to look up what those platns look like and where i can get some from! lol! Will basic lighting work with all of those?

Lol! & i know what you mean! I was actually shocked when I saw my killie buldging and then i started laughing because its poor little antena were still moving around! everyone came over to see it! I felt bad for it ): but i couldn't help but laugh. Lol!

reesies_87 said:
Oh! okay cool! :D Which plants would you suggest?

Personally I have Java fern, micro swords which look like grass, Amazon sword, crypts and one other sword I can't remember lol.

I just look up low light plants and choose the ones that look nice

Careful with the driftwood. It's beautiful but I've had a lot of trouble with it lowering the pH of my water, as it is known to do.

Yea I read about that! But my Ph is at 8.2 so it probably has some room to be lowered a bit. But ph bouncing around is harmful to the fish right? how long does the ph stay down? and will weekly water changes of 15% make it bounce around or no?

A dinosaur bichir to eat everything........no, bad idea. Haven't read the whole thing, but what about a rubber lipped pleco and some bleeding heat tetras. Gordon wonder killies would eat small fish, such as endler's livebearers. Maybe a African dwarf frog and a few America flagfish?

you could just simply paint the back of your tank if the background sheets wont stay on. i simply used a sprayer with olive oil and squeegeed out the air bubbles for my background. it stayed on for a few years.

low light plants are easy to maintain since they grow very slowly. not sure what type of light fixture you have but most of the time you would just need to change the bulb to a daylight or full spectrum light. you would be able to grow lots of different anubiases, hornwort, anacharis, java ferns, some cryptocorynes and others.

Lol! Yea me too! It got fixed but then I couln't get online because I didnt have enough meory for protection! LOL! But I'm back now!

Hannibal: I actually bought some dwarf frogs just a couple days ago! they're so cute but I haven't seen them eat yet!

Jason: It's because there is an angel in the tank! It's relatively small though! ^__^

Fish eggs: That sounds like a good idea to paint the back! What kind of paint would you use? & I haven't done anything yet! I got a coupld frogs and bought a piece of driftwood taht's in the tank but not put where i want it yet. It didnt drop the levels of the ph too bad. which was good. I really want to get some real plants but I have been busy and haven't had time to look at light fixtures just yet.

Back
Top Bottom