Info about using a Python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldspice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I haven't seen any Python siphons for sale in Scotland or the uk. It looks to be a very good idea. One question I am wondering about is how do you get the correct water temperature to pour back in the tank? Our tap water is good but very cold! Even in summer. ( what summer!)

If it realy is as good as they say I might try and find a supplier who would send one to Scotland.

Last edited:
its the best thing you will ever buy i always get a themo that hangs and then hang it on the end of the siphon tube then correct my temp let it stay there for about 2 or 3 mins then when its with in 1 or 2 degrees start refilling aquarium but fill in where your heater is so if there is a problem then your heater will take care of temp change

Typically you use both the hot and cold taps to get to the right temperature. Some will check it with a thermometer but I've gotten pretty good at guessing the temperature just by touch.

I just make sure to dose my decholorinator (Prime) before I start filling the tank back up.

I did a quick search online and I can't find anything in the UK. You could probably make one yourself, there are plenty of DIY plans out there.

+1 for meegosh. I used to check the tap temp with an instant-read meat themometer, but now I just go by touch.

Typically you use both the hot and cold taps to get to the right temperature. Some will check it with a thermometer but I've gotten pretty good at guessing the temperature just by touch.

+1 same for me

Back
Top Bottom