Invertebrate tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryleyman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thinking about taking all my fish out of my 20 gallon planted and making it an invetebrate tank. I dont know much about them but im ready to learn! Could anyone recomend any type of plants shrimp or snails i should get? I work at a pet store so i can ask my boss to order any fish plant shrimp or snail you can think of he just has to find a supplier. And what type of filter is best for a planted invertebrate tank?? Please dont recomend anything very expensive thank you!

If you are new to inverts then I suggest red cherry shrimp, they look awesome on black substrate with green plants all around. Any shrimp that is a color variation of the red cherries like orange or yellow are usually pretty hardy and breed easily too. Other than those my only other inverts I had were a couple mystery snails.

Here is a list of some plants i found pretty cool

Plant list:
-Dwarf baby tears
-dwarf hairgrass
-hornwort
-ruffle plant
-java fern
-java moss
What do you guys think??

Could you guys recomend any plants that shrimp like?? And any floating plants i should get??

All cool looking plants. If you plan on getting them make sure you have sufficient lighting as both dwarf baby tears and hairgrass need moderate to higher lighting. The rest are easy plants that don't require a lot of lighting. I use an 18w 6500K spiral cfl for my planted tanks.

My boss gave me 1 cherry shrimp today but i haveny removed all my fish from my 20 gallon so hes in with a baby glass knife 4 neon tetras 2 black tetras 3 other tetras 1 banjo cat fish 1 fire belly newt 1 african dwarf frog 1 panda cory and 4 little sparkling gouramis but i think im going yo keep the sparkling gouramis in because they stay very little and are very pretty!!

My shrimp rarely went into the floating pennywort I had with them. They are pretty happy so long as it's a live plant. In my 10g I have argentine swords, normal big swords, anubias, a couple crypts, and 2 apongetons. All are smaller because I recently planted them. In my 2.5 g that I planted two days ago I have micro sword, java moss, and a moss ball. The shrimp all seem happy.

I think if its al inverts, about 50 rcs and a few amonos and bamboos would look neat! And some nerite snails. Lol don't know if mixing them is ok or not. But for scraping I think you should try doing that tree with dw and moss.

I think if its al inverts, about 50 rcs and a few amonos and bamboos would look neat! And some nerite snails. Lol don't know if mixing them is ok or not. But for scraping I think you should try doing that tree with dw and moss.

I want to get like 20 CRS like 2 micro crabs 2 bamboo shrimp maybe 2 flower shrimp 10 bee shrimp 2 black horned nertie snails 2 orange rabbit snails and 2 blue rams horns

I know that some shrimp can cross bread and produce nasty brown cord offspring. Just be sure non of those can.

:) No problem. I just went hunting on google for it since I am getting into shrimp and wanting to sell their offspring.

Red cherry shrimp are very easy to look after so they make a good first shrimp to try.
For plant wise iv got marino moss balls, flame moss and java fern. Heres a pic of my tank

Attachments

• image-1085476872.jpg
    image-1085476872.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 95
Heres a closer look for you

Attachments

• image-2478336085.jpg
    image-2478336085.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1525310991.jpg
    image-1525310991.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 85