iOS 7, did you get it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since I'm willing to bet most of you have apple devices, what do you all think of the new update? I know everyone was going crazy over it yesterday. I think it's pretty cool, a much needed change. Except the animations are too sluggish for me and it's not as snappy as it used to be with ios 6. I still prefer android over this, but I think it's a step in the right direction. I hope they make it snappier with future updates. What do ya'll think?

It looks like garbage, I didn't pay this kind of money for a 5 to make it look like a Atari 2600. Since your able to quickly access the clock, camera, and calculator why not remove the cheap looking icons? I have owed Iphones since the original release but since Steve is longer with us I don't like the direction Apple is going, and judging by a quick Google search I'm not alone.

Last edited:
It looks like garbage, I didn't pay this kind of money for a 5 to make it look like a Atari 2600. Since your able to quickly access the clock, camera, and calculator why not remove the cheap looking icons? I have owed Iphones since the original release but since Steve is longer with us I don't like the direction Apple is going, and judging but a quick search I'm not alone.

I disagree. More owners IMO like the new iOS a lot, and I'm one of them. I like the softer icon looks and I'm still getting used to navigating it. I haven't had any major issues but I'm pretty sure whatever complaints will be ironed out in the next few weeks.

It looks like garbage, I didn't pay this kind of money for a 5 to make it look like a Atari 2600. Since your able to quickly access the clock, camera, and calculator why not remove the cheap looking icons? I have owed Iphones since the original release but since Steve is longer with us I don't like the direction Apple is going, and judging by a quick Google search I'm not alone.

Man, I hope you didn't update! lol

I agree with you on the icons, they could be a little less colorful.

I think if the next version of android looked like this, everyone would be going crazy saying it looks like crap. But since it's apple (and many tech websites/reviewers seem to be biased towards apple), everyone thinks it's great.

I think it's "okay" so far, but it will only get better with future updates!

I agree. I personally don't like it. But that's just my opinion. Since I'm 14, I'm in a school packed full of kids which have all the latest iPhones. Everyone was banging on about it but to be honest, no one I've spoken to has seen the big deal. They've made it look very similar to other phones and brands on the Market. IMO, I would reconsider buying the iPhone over the samsung galaxy 3 or 4? ( not too sure what the latest model is) I won't be updating any of my other products.

Man, I hope you didn't update! lol

I agree with you on the icons, they could be a little less colorful.

I think if the next version of android looked like this, everyone would be going crazy saying it looks like crap. But since it's apple (and many tech websites/reviewers seem to be biased towards apple), everyone thinks it's great.

I think it's "okay" so far, but it will only get better with future updates!

I did my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 which is even worse since the ugly icons are bigger!

I agree the icons look like a cheesy 2d cartoon. Other than the ugly icons what are the benefits of the update?

I agree the icons look like a cheesy 2d cartoon. Other than the ugly icons what are the benefits of the update?
So far, I see nothing beneficial. I don't have an iPhone, but a 5th generation iPod touch (which is super similar) and it's a lot slower for me. Mostly because of the longer animations.

The only real benefits I see is the control panel thing which is kinda handy. It's nice to see a change for once, but the first version needs some tweaking.

I mean, I timed how long it takes to close apps, and it takes 1.25 seconds for the homescreen to come back up. Per year, you're wasting 15 hours of your life waiting for an app to close. That's my only problem, it's not snappy. So I'd wait.

I got the IPhone 5s today but my dad has had IOS 7 for awhile because he's part of the tester program. I was a bit skeptical about IOS 7 but I'm actually liking it so far. I've only had the phone for about 6 hours so I can't really give a solid critique

I got the IPhone 5s today but my dad has had IOS 7 for awhile because he's part of the tester program. I was a bit skeptical about IOS 7 but I'm actually liking it so far. I've only had the phone for about 6 hours so I can't really give a solid critique
Very cool!! I tested it over the summer too and it was horrific, lol so many bugs. how does the finger print thing work?

Very cool!! I tested it over the summer too and it was horrific, lol so many bugs. how does the finger print thing work?

the finger print sensor actually works really well! The best part is you can put in multiple finger prints which is a good thing for me since my parents need to access the phone but it also has a passcode... The other really cool thing is you can download apps with your finger too!

the finger print sensor actually works really well! The best part is you can put in multiple finger prints which is a good thing for me since my parents need to access the phone but it also has a passcode... The other really cool thing is you can download apps with your finger too!

What happens if it can't read your finger print ?

Or if its just some scheme to get your finger print into a data base so the government can keep track of everyone...
I wouldn't be surprised if that's happening. I guess as long as you're not a criminal, you shouldn't be worried

I have the iPhone 5 and updated as soon as iOS 7 was available. IMO the features are a great addition and much needed. However, the icons and color scheme look childish for a premium phone. Reminds me of the early color displays when they first came out.
Also hate HATE the new thinner font. Hard to read the keyboards etc. also who's idea was it to have a thine white font on the ugly blue or green message bubbles. I can't hardly read that.

Features are great. Colors aren't user-friendly at all and cheapens the phone.

My wife updated to iOS 7 and is still learning her way around the new stuff (like closing apps). My son had the beta for a while so the release was nothing new to him. Since you cannot roll back on the iPhone, I think I will hold out for v7.1

What happens if it can't read your finger print ?

you have to have a passcode. You just have to swipe to the left and enter it if your finger won't work. I actually discovered that it doesn't work when dirty... I was showing my phone to all my friends during lunch and everybody wanted to test the finger sensor so I let them but when I went to put me finger in it wouldn't let me on but then I cleaned the button and it worked... After I had already started freaking out that I had broken it! I hadn't doscovered this earlier because I've been cleaning my phone daily but I hadn't cleaned it yet!

Back
Top Bottom