Is this Ick, or Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

la789905

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im wondering whether my goldfish has ick? Just got him from a petco, so Im trying to figure out what disease this is. It kind of resembles ick but also doesn't. It is on the surface of his skin only with long streaks of white on one side of him. He is acting normal and like it doesn't effect him at all. Im worried about him getting my other fish sick! :( / Dont ask about what he is in, that was only for pictures.

photo

picture

Attachments

• IMG_20160411_1600246_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160411_1600246_rewind.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20160411_1559589_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160411_1559589_rewind.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 58
Does not look like ich (which is finer, distinct, numerous.)
It looks like a bacterial or fungal infection if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you know of any medication to treat this? I am an all type of animal lover, and wouldnt like to see him die! From further research looks to be a fungal infection

Do you know of any medication to treat this? I am an all type of animal lover, and wouldnt like to see him die! From further research looks to be a fungal infection

Treatment is not my area but there are knowledgeable folks on here that can help you with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

he looks okay to me can you get better pics
I can help you for sure with bacterial infections this is my area of expertise but im not convinced he needs one yet.

Back
Top Bottom