Is this ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retaks

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK so i have my tank which ive kept Piranhas for a few years. My Gf decides to try something with ont of my extra tanks. She now has a 29 gal tank with an AC110 filter(Turned to low of course). After i got her to properly cycle the tank and all se stocked it slowly. So now at its latest stock level there are 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 12 Neon Tetras, 2 Albino Cory Cats, and a Male and Female Betta, and a Figure 8 Puffer that didnt look like it was doing good yesterday. Are there any probs with all these living together? The Bettas have their own tank but she wanted them in the big tank for now. We are going to try to breed the Bettas in the near future. I think i cna handle breeding them and have a better outcome then when i used to breed Piranhas since they wont eat eachother. Thanks alot for your help.

The main problem I have is the figure 8 puffer, since they're really a brackish fish. Also the female betta will probably get stressed out, and the gouramis and the betta might fight. It could work out, but imo, the puffer has to go.

The Puffer was given to us and we know nothing about them at all. It just got added yesterday. The Gouramis and Male Betta have been together for about 1.5 weeks with no probs and the femal has been there for about a week now and seems ok. We will be taking the Male and Female out in a week or two to attempt breeding them.

A pair of betta in a single tank is not safe. Male betta is known to kill the female after mating in defense of the nest. When people breed bettas, they generally take out the female immediately after mating & leave the male alone in a tank with the eggs.

If you have a spare tank, it would be better to move the male betta into it (the female can stay in community), & bring the female to the tank just for breeding.

Puffers will need increasing levels of salt as they grow. They also need to be in species only tank.

OK so Sat we got rid of the puffer and i took the male Betta and put him in his own tank. We are getting the female another tank for breeding in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom