Is this tank restorable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cannot stress enough that you make sure you test the water! I was lucky both times it started to leak because even though it was a minor leak it could have been much worse! Just some friendly advice :)

Yep I am gathering after reading the forums here how important water tests and pwc are. I have been doing at least one a week this time around, but not as often last time I did manage to keep 2 angels for 5 years though before we moved and had to relocate them into my moms tank.

How is your cycle going?

Mine finished up last weekend and right now I have a black ghost knife fish and he's doing very well! Definitely worth the wait on the cycle.

Nice, I will have to google him, I don't know if I have ever seen one.
Right now we have 1 betta and 5 glow light tetras, everyone is happy and not picking on one another.
Just waiting on pay day so I can order some low light plants, hopefully I will have them established and growing well in time for Christmas. I made a promise with my husband no more fish until the tank is planted.
So the tank is as it is for the time being.
This site has been a wonderful tool and I can't stop reading everyone's threads so much more info then I had in my aquarium book and I can't ask the book questions lol.

Here's the only pics I have right now sorry! Buying more plants and possibly more rocks this weekend! I'll update sometime on Saturday :)

Attachments

• image-3752202492.jpg
    image-3752202492.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image-4146069217.jpg
    image-4146069217.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-628206830.jpg
    image-628206830.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2133405560.jpg
    image-2133405560.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 75
that just gives you and excuse to get a bigger tank ;) just throwing that out there! :)

Lol I know, hubby would probably divorce me (chuckle) we are in a pmq at the moment and are trying to get our ducks in a row to get our own place. That will be my house warming present to myself. I will know a that time how big I can go and thanks to this site. Will be able to rock it. :)
This is my second go at my 20g and I am mature enough to admit I don't know it all just because my parents kept aquariums. Lol
I am going to try and keep this one simple but the children really enjoy it, my two year old kisses the tank and puts her check up to the glass and our beta swim across it. It is sweet
Some plants in there and then possibly another school of fish and a loach of some sort, still looking but lots of time for more fish.

I was in the same boat, started out with a 20g my girlfriend wanted and after reading this forum i did just about everything in the book wrong...but after some growing pains i believe i have the basics down, am no where near an expert but that's what all the people on here are for ;). One thing i've learned for sure is though to be patient, never rush ANYTHING haha

True enough, I think I am being patient, and I make the mistake of going into the fish store to " just look" that is how we ended up with our angels last time,
And a rainbow shark this time unfortunately he was a jumper. My two year old was alone when it happened. End results my toddler is walking around saying baby boo boo for a week waving her arms and pointing to the floor and stomping her foot. Her brother was not impressed as he picked the shark out and carried it home in his lap watching it the whole time.

I just noticed your in Virginia, I went there years ago on an exchange trip they took us to, the marine museum that was the first time I saw a seahorse I thought they were make believe until then, some of my friends did until I got my pictures developed. I got to pet the sting ray, it was an amazing experience.

I can not even articulate how happy I am that I came across this site. I would still have house plants in my tank and wondering why I can't keep them alive lol still trying to figure out how to address that with the LFS as they are the only one we have in town. She will do special orders though so I learned my lesson the hard way and to know exactly what I want/need before going in.

I think everyone has been to the store to "just look" haha i doubt there is someone who hasn't made a spur-of-the-moment purchase on a fish!

Didn't get as much done as I wanted to this weekend. Plant selection was rather weak all over town so I settled for a new amazon sword for my 75g. Also picked up some anubias for the shrimp tank I'm working on. No pic of that due to me being too embarrassed about it at the moment haha :)

Attachments

• image-537453237.jpg
    image-537453237.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 63
  • image-908841888.jpg
    image-908841888.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 72
Awe the amazon adds a nice amount to the corner :)

I am hoping to get some plants ordered this week, the lady who owns the LFS said if the ones I want are in her book she will order them so I have done my decision making (fingers crossed).

Just did water top off this weekend as I worked so nothing changed, just looked at the aquarium to see the betta swimming around the heater, he loves it lol

I am going to look at the backgrounds she has as well to see if any strike my fancy. I saw some nice rock ones on google the other day.

Will your LS order plants for you?

Post a picture when you get your plants in! And no unfortunately my lfs consists of petsmart and petco and neither will order anything for anyone :(

Oh that really really stinks.
I will definitely post pics once they are in I am really excited to get some, the house plants I removed last week are doing much better in their proper environment lol.
Had I found this site before we actually set the aquarium up I would have planted the tank first oh well. I am not known to do things the easy way.

you sound exactly like me haha! there is a mom and pop lfs near me but it's strictly for salwater...i'm not about to get into all that yet haha seems a little too complicated

Back
Top Bottom