Is this tank restorable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me either, and the price of the salt water fish are a bit high, I have babies to put through school still lol.
Was just daydreaming looking at the bow front aquariums.

yeah i'm a college student right now no way i could afford that haha but one day...maybe haha. I'm pretty happy just looking at everyones on here, just about all of them are extremely impressive

I didn't realize that soo many people were into aquariums, and I have seen a fair amount of impressive set-ups for sure. More elaborate than I have ever done., or have seen in person.
A friend of mine moved to Florida he is a marine biologist, he is the only person I know who has a saltwater aquarium. The rest of my friends have freshwater.

none of my friends have an aquarium except for my girlfriend she's the whole reason I got involved with them haha. And i'm studying Sports Medicine in hopes that I will become a physical therapist.

Nice, u will do fine in that trade America has a much larger pool of athletes than Canada.
I think it is nice that you picked up her hobby, it is a nice one to share. What size is her aquarium?

she has a 5 gallon and a 20 gallon and I wouldn't necessarily say this is "her" hobby haha. For her birthday she wanted a fish tank so we got her a 5 gallon and then I wanted her to get a bigger one so i got her a 20 gallon. But of course she just likes to watch the fish I end up doing all the dirty work ;) haha but i enjoy it

Cute :)

I do the dirty work, the kids get to feed, and we all watch.
Anyways I am falling asleep here, so I will go for now. I'll get some new pictures as soon as I get the plants.

Oh that is sad :(

I ordered my plants and root tabs yesterday they should be here Friday, and then came home and found a puddle under the aquarium that had been there long enough to make a mess on the floor no wet on the tank or stand wrapped the tank with paper towel with marker lines, so far so good no water put a towel und the filter that is my theory wedged a piece of cardboard between the glass and the little piece on the filter to make the bottom parallel to the floor. No more water but it was an ordeal last night :(

Fund a website

Filters // Pond Supplies Canada - Aquarium Supplies Canada - Reptile Supplies Canada // Pets & Ponds

There prices are much lower than the local store, wondering if anyone used it before I place my order.

Leaky tanks are the worst...and I looked up that website it got really good reviews from people. They said everything was packed well and was alive

That is good news,

My money is on the filter and I am betting once I have a new one installed and running everything will be good but I will be watching it very close for the next bit.

Well I really hope that's the only problem! Let me know if that's what the problem is for sure

Don't get discouraged, if its equipment failure (which it looks like it is) its not your fault at all!

It is just frustrating, I am going to power through this and get it fixed. My husband is all for it which is surprising because he is usually worried about how much money I am spending lol.

Anyways going to head to bed, BIG day for the kids tomorrow :)

So my LFS can't get the lemon bacopa so but they were able to get my wisteria so I spread it around the sides and back I think I might be going back to get the rest of the wisteria that came in :) but this is a start

I am looking for a background that I like I am leaning towards large stones, with some green. I just haven't found one I am in love with yet. But once I do it will go on :)

Back
Top Bottom