journy to sw nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xxwolfpackof1xx said:
im thinkin i should save for the heater next agree or disagree?

Get the heater and filter at the same time. The bacteria like it better when they have heat, and a place to live! ;)

Homedog98 said:
Get the heater and filter at the same time. The bacteria like it better when they have heat, and a place to live! ;)

lol should i use an aqueon50 heater thats wht i got in my 15

Grab a powerhead and a heater before the filter. This way you can toss in your sand, some base rock, and get your cycle started. As I said earlier, you can leave out the filter for a while since you don't really need it.

thominil said:
Grab a powerhead and a heater before the filter. This way you can toss in your sand, some base rock, and get your cycle started. As I said earlier, you can leave out the filter for a while since you don't really need it.

tru for powerhead shuld i do aquaclear or topfin or buy online id rather avoid buying powerhead online so i can get both at once and save on shipping

Ahh sorry for the late reply. Most people seem to like Aquaclear, but I have no experience with them. Top fin really isn't that bad. I have found most of their products to be of pretty good quality as long as you don't abuse it. I got 3 years out of one of their heaters before I had to take the tank it was in down, and the heater itself still works. It's your money, so the decision is yours.

my lfs only sells a big bucket of IO for 45 bucks some 15lb bag of reer cyrstals for 30 bucks and oceanic salt enough to treat for 25g and 90g im not sure wich on to try and i cant exactly buy more just to test

ive also heard bad things about IO but i want to hear wht you guys think. also dumb question can i still use my same dechlor that i use for fw?

Well since you're gonna have a reef I know that reef crystals would be best, but since it's so expensive I'm not sure what you should do.

And yes you can use the same dechlor, I've used the tetra aquasafe in mine before. Now I use Prime

alli have is topfin dechlor they only sell big bottles of that no big prime or.other bottles n il look at the salt when i go n tell you the prices j don't mind doseing trace if i have to

You certainly shouldn't have to. Plus that'll be another added expense.

When this is all set-up and done you should have a good reef salt and that'll be all you need with trace in PWCs

Back
Top Bottom