journy to sw nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i bought the sand its leakin a bit could i empty tankk of all water dry it and put sand in i have no other options really except letting it leak slowly

Not sure what you mean. If it's the bag duct tape it. That suff always works ;) if its the tank, then empty and resilicone. If you want the sand in the tank, put sand in an empty 2 liter bottle, put the cap on, submerse, open cap, let air bubbles out, and pour. It works well.

needmorecowbell said:
Not sure what you mean. If it's the bag duct tape it. That suff always works ;) if its the tank, then empty and resilicone. If you want the sand in the tank, put sand in an empty 2 liter bottle, put the cap on, submerse, open cap, let air bubbles out, and pour. It works well.

tanks fine it's the bag im more wondering if i can keep the sand in a dry tank i was told not to fill it with water because ibdont have my salt mix yet or my powerhead or heater so i can't even cycle yet can i just keep snd in my dry tank thats my question at this point

Yes, you can dump the sand into the tank if you must, but just keep it dry until you have everything together. Make sure you still rinse it before you add mixed saltwater to the tank. You can probably just move the tank into a bathtub and let wat run into the tank until the water in the tank is reasonably clear, at which point, empty the tank of all water. As for the salt, you will have to try several different kinds to find one that you prefer. What works for one, may not work for another. As for the powerhead, if that is 500gph, it is a tad to much, aim for something in the 150-250gph range. Use a combination of the powerhead and your filter to move water.

the only powerhead with those rateing are a aquaclear one and a topfin on im not sure if the topfin or aquaclear power head can be trusted

You can try the Aquaclear one, I believe they're okay. Plus those aqueon PHs are very intruding inside the tank, and they can fall inside the tank and cause a nice sandstorm while you're asleep. That's why the hydor koralias are good, they have a magnet on the inside and outside (But I know they don't sell those at chain stores)

As for that salt I didn't even see a brand name on it and I don't really trust coralife

iDreamInSaltwater said:
You can try the Aquaclear one, I believe they're okay. Plus those aqueon PHs are very intruding inside the tank, and they can fall inside the tank and cause a nice sandstorm while you're asleep. That's why the hydor koralias are good, they have a magnet on the inside and outside (But I know they don't sell those at chain stores)

As for that salt I didn't even see a brand name on it and I don't really trust coralife

ones oceanic salt and coralife salt il prob gta bucket of IO and order a korila online how much are they

Don't buy the big buckets, just start with bags of salt until you find something that mixes easily and has correct parameter buffers when combined with your water. Most Koralias push a lot of water, probably more than you need, and may just end up making the current to strong for your fish. If you can find the Nano sized Koralia, you should be fine, they are around $40 usually.

I got mine (Hydor Koralia nano 240) from petmountain.com for I believe $30 including shipping. Should be here on monday at the latest, I'm super excited!

If the aquaclear is cheaper I'd just try it instead, no need to order one online when you can get something that'll do just as well near you for the same or cheaper price!

iDreamInSaltwater said:
I got mine (Hydor Koralia nano 240) from petmountain.com for I believe $30 including shipping. Should be here on monday at the latest, I'm super excited!

If the aquaclear is cheaper I'd just try it instead, no need to order one online when you can get something that'll do just as well near you for the same or cheaper price!

the aquaclear is only 20-30 bucks for 125-200gph flow rate

That's just fine, that'll be all you'll need in a 10G. Unless you really want the koralia I say get the aquaclear (If it is cheaper)

i cant really adjust where the flow goes on the aquaclear n it looks like it has to sit on the lip of the tank to work or at least that's what it looked like on box

Back
Top Bottom