journy to sw nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally, get a AC70. and mod it into a fuge... Yeah it'll cost abit more...but in the end its so much better since you have more flow,room, and they are all over used. They are built like tanks, if you need a part they are cheap too!

maxst2 said:
Personally, get a AC70. and mod it into a fuge... Yeah it'll cost abit more...but in the end its so much better since you have more flow,room, and they are all over used. They are built like tanks, if you need a part they are cheap too!

see i have no clue how and i have issues following DIY stuff beccause i dont understand them that well

Thats why we are here and google has such a good search engine :)

DIY is fun and with the interwebz, in easy step by step instructions :)

The more flow part doesn't matter. You really need two sources of flow which is why I recommend that he get a powerhead to supplement the filter. Two sources of flow will meet and make a chaotic flow which will help eliminate dead spots. One source of flow will leave dead spots which will become problem areas with detritus build up and cyano breading grounds. The fuge idea is great though.

thominil said:
The more flow part doesn't matter. You really need two sources of flow which is why I recommend that he get a powerhead to supplement the filter. Two sources of flow will meet and make a chaotic flow which will help eliminate dead spots. One source of flow will leave dead spots which will become problem areas with detritus build up and cyano breading grounds.

yeah ive read that im wondering if i shouls get the korlina

Just grab an Aquaclear powerhead with an output in the 150-250gph range. They are cheaper than Koralias and will leave you with more money to spend on other things such as an AC70 if you wanted to do the fuge.

thominil said:
Just grab an Aquaclear powerhead with an output in the 150-250gph range. They are cheaper than Koralias and will leave you with more money to spend on other things such as an AC70 if you wanted to do the fuge.

true but the desighn is bulky has to sit under the lip of the trim and you can adjust where the flow goes

If this is going to be the height of the sand in the tank, you will get some problems. You should either get a deep sand bed or a shallow sand bed, in the middle is bad. Dsb has benefits but really aren't for nanos. You should get a .5- 1 inch sand bed. You have the benefits of shallow but still see the sand.

needmorecowbell said:
If this is going to be the height of the sand in the tank, you will get some problems. You should either get a deep sand bed or a shallow sand bed, in the middle is bad. Dsb has benefits but really aren't for nanos. You should get a .5- 1 inch sand bed. You have the benefits of shallow but still see the sand.

hm ok il takke out a half inch whats wrong with it being in middle/

^ I don't believe this will be a problem, but if so he can always take some out.

How much is in there btw? And trust me I used to have the same cat problem, she's not allowed in my room anymore lol

iDreamInSaltwater said:
^ I don't believe this will be a problem, but if so he can always take some out.

How much is in there btw? And trust me I used to have the same cat problem, she's not allowed in my room anymore lol

lol idk why he attacked the bag should i keep the sand bed or no?

Back
Top Bottom