Just started what steps should I take?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Number 3 looks like a toadstool

Number 4 might be a thick finger leather

Number 5 looks like a Duncan head.

Beengirl said:
Number 3 looks like a toadstool

Number 4 might be a thick finger leather

Number 5 looks like a Duncan head.

One looks like green mushrooms and Number two is GSP

Day 20 levels did a 10% water change and levels are ph 8.0 amn 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5.0. Corals and fish look great, but the finger leather has what looks like cob webs all over it? And I Thought I read somewhere that you need calcium?

Horvy19 said:
Day 20 levels did a 10% water change and levels are ph 8.0 amn 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5.0. Corals and fish look great, but the finger leather has what looks like cob webs all over it? And I Thought I read somewhere that you need calcium?

It is just shedding its fine. You only need calcium if the the tank doesn't have a high enough level. I use reef crystals to make my salt water and my levels are fine

Horvy19 said:
Awesome thanks!

Np. My toadstool shed three times a week when I got hime. Not the best looking when they do it though. Just make sure it has decent flow and I would use a turkey baster to gently blow some off it. After a month of just showing nubby polyps it finally looks like this

image-1399796015.jpg

Nice that looks sick! Yeah instinct took over and I did blow it off with a turkey baster. Can't wait to get more but gonna see how these 5 do.

Horvy19 said:
I notice people keep their magnet glass cleaners in the tank is there a reason for that?

Convenience. I clean my glass almost every day

Horvy19 said:
The emerald crab Hitchhiker finally died! Rip little crab! Also this coral retracts every nite is that normal?

I have the same coral it closes every night.

Horvy19 said:
The emerald crab Hitchhiker finally died! Rip little crab! Also this coral retracts every nite is that normal?

Most corals do

I just introduced 2 clowns and 2 cardinals into my tank with a coral. I noticed that a small section of the coral was either still inside or eaten, or is it my placement or waterflow in the tank?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121007_105631.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121007_105631.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 69
Tonynose188 said:
I just introduced 2 clowns and 2 cardinals into my tank with a coral. I noticed that a small section of the coral was either still inside or eaten, or is it my placement or waterflow in the tank?

Can you get a better pic bud? Could be flow or just the fact that it need to get use to your tank. I've had corals stay closed for up to 2 weeks! I almost have up but then read in a book that its more normal then we think. Now everything is open and doing well!!

Give it time. How are your cardinals doing? I love my 2!!

Pics when you can!

22engine said:
Convenience. I clean my glass almost every day

+10000

Keep it there and clean daily and you'll have nice clean glass. I just scraped off a ton of Coraline algae from the from glass. No really worried about the sides.

Convict2161 said:
Can you get a better pic bud? Could be flow or just the fact that it need to get use to your tank. I've had corals stay closed for up to 2 weeks! I almost have up but then read in a book that its more normal then we think. Now everything is open and doing well!!

Give it time. How are your cardinals doing? I love my 2!!

Pics when you can!

It looks ok this is a couple pics just now, when it first went in the tank it was all full, also if u notice a small spot that is missing could that be from the fish eat it? Should I move power heads? Also what kind of coral is it the guy at the lps said it but I forgot.

ForumRunner_20121007_125504.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121007_125529.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121007_125529.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 58
My daughter loves this tank! And so do I. I have zoa frags coming on tues. not sure what they are going to come Attached to and how to put them where I want them?

image-4101999134.jpg

image-1787249081.jpg

Horvy19 said:
My daughter loves this tank! And so do I. I have zoa frags coming on tues. not sure what they are going to come Attached to and how to put them where I want them?

Dude your tank looks great did your rock grow all that coralline algae or did you buy it like that

Back
Top Bottom